• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League...things to know

I've seen footage of his training sessions... he did not.

The Defenders hoofed it long over the midfielders heads whilst our strikers we marked by manikins. A certain Australian Captain walked off the training field having not touched the ball in 40mins.

And he couldn't even get our name right in an interview. Or know where his players were

Sol was hopeless

Do not particularly want to be in this League but looking at the grounds they are very local and accessible. Places like Kings Lynn could encourage a stay over like the old days before Ifollow. Could be an enjoyable season if Ron gets his finger out and we bounce back or could be the exact opposite. One thing for sure, it will be different and to see some of the cow sheds we will be visiting with max attendances of 5000 shows how low we have fallen!

What you should have said was sure no problem and given out your old address.
Better still - one of my old neighbours I wasn't sorry to leave!

But come the fixture list release, and nearer the actual match, I'll repost with the very best directions and nearby parking spots to take the stress out of the visit.

Better still - one of my old neighbours I wasn't sorry to leave!

But come the fixture list release, and nearer the actual match, I'll repost with the very best directions and nearby parking spots to take the stress out of the visit.

Sounds like a group saver day out on the train to me. About £12 for 3 or more from Southend. Unlimited journeys on the tube means you go go anywhere in London for an early beer or lunch....Same on the way back.

NL will not be as easy as some think.
It is very physical in that league and some of our players (if staying) will have to toughen up and it will be a fight for a survival.
I do think though with good planning and structure and with a cohesive squad it is doable

I’ve literally not seen one person post it will be easy.

Reactions: TJC
Interesting point in the very first post about plastic pitches. This will limit many seasoned pro's that are successfully managing previous ACL or ankle issues on league pitches. Its quite normal for the player to avoid training or playing on even a very latest 4G pitch never mind older versions. The damage it can cause is career ending for those in that particular circumstance. If there were a number of them in that league (don't know how many) it will affect who we offer to and who is available to us. For example, Macca would not cope and Ive a feeling it was Mellis or Ferguson (cant recall which - if either, but definitely one of our dodgy signings ) was also not supposed to train on them but did in order to get in the squad

Apparently, Wealdstone have a tidy little ground and a good set up.

This from the NL grounds website:

It’s a ground absolutely cherished by the club’s supporters, who have completely renovated the place in the space of just six years – using entirely their own cash and skilled labour.

Sounds a bit like Roots Hall back in the '50s. But a quarter of the size, of course. Nonetheless a great effort by the Stones fans.

Back