• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League...things to know

the most depressing post ever ....

a fan of Barrow (who) patronising the once mighty Shrimpers ...

ooooh whoopy doo dah ... BT might put us on the telly AND we can go on a facebook group ..

Next someone will tell me it will fabulous to have the opportunity to run into Mark Molesley in the bar at Weymouth Town ...

EVEN better we are bringing a buzz to the anorak supporters league ..

Get over it will you, we really aren't that big or better to where we are going.

Get over it will you, we really aren't that big or better to where we are going.

oh - ok ... then thats Ok - all good with me ...

silly me to think it might be a whole heap nicer watching good football from good clubs with good players ..

Went there a few years back —it was a big day for them- FA Cup R1-it’s a weird ground with club house in the corner where the only turnstiles are.Limited chances of getting a good view anywhere. Pathetic number of away fans that day—they were playing Colchester..
Ok well I was told by a non league regular it was decent, welcoming etc. Clearly was misinformed! I’ve never been.

Ok well I was told by a non league regular it was decent, welcoming etc. Clearly was misinformed! I’ve never been.
Having moved to Ruislip in 1978 - returning in 2017, I can tell you everything you need to know about Wealdstone's ground, and it won't take long! I lived just across the main road - in view of the floodlights, and I used to let my inhospitable Great Dane dog off for an early morning run on the pitch as it was easy to get through the surrounding fence. It used to belong to Ruislip Manor FC - many leagues below the NL, until they were bought out by Wealdstone who were homeless for a few years after having their ground sold for housing. NOTHING brings home to me more how far we have fallen that I could be going back there next season - minus the dog, to meet them on a level footing - a league game FFS!! Although moving back has saved me around 150 miles driving and 3+ hours travel time for home games, it's no compensation.
At least when the fixtures are out and Wealdstone (a) is announced, I'll be able to advise the best places to park and where to get a pre-match cold drink!

Why do people say that the non league is tough and more physical ? Prem teams say it about championship and champions teams say it about league one. I think it’s all a myth absolutely nonsense tbh. The higher you are up in the league usually the more fit your going to be. It’s not like NL is full of Arnold Schwarzenegger guys that can’t run ffs. I’ve watched plenty of NL games this season and majority of it is poor. Poor pass completion rate, possession areas are you usually stuck in the middle. All this nonsense about saying NL is more physical is stupid.

Have you thought of joining a self help group for low self esteem. I see my support for SUFC as a badge of honour to be proud of.

No armchair PL supporting plastic ****ney, Scouser or Manc will ever change that.

my therapist asked me why i did not just support Canvey ?

Bromley have the worst fans....wanna b Millwall

I’m looking forward to Bromley away. Can walk to the game from my house, have a few pints in my local beforehand. But make no mistake, I’m devastated that we’ve sunk so low that we’ll be playing at the same level as them.

Sorry to here that. I lived in Rayleigh but not sure I could ever recover if my therapist thought I was from Canvey

yep - not sure my therapist fully understands the fine lines of south Essex society...

but apparently she was thinking about football league status and simply thinking all non league was the same cr=p -

yep - not sure my therapist fully understands the fine lines of south Essex society...

but apparently she was thinking about football league status and simply thinking all non league was the same cr=p -

Why see a therapist, they only make things worse. Following Southend is great therapy for life. We all suffer as a group and it makes the rest of your life easy.

Has anyone got a nice handy visual map so we can see where all these teams are based please!? :Facepalm:

maybe you have kind considerate friends and family ..

my lot will p=ss themselves laughing
Because of course being in League 2 was the height of prestige... As long as we actually win some matches next season being one of the better sides in the National League will probably make us look better than the club that loses every week in League 2.

Back