• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

National League...things to know

Jassyd

Centre Half
I will explain the main things that' are different in non league football. Poor away support from most clubs, plastic pitches allowed, no transfer window, FA cup, start in the 4th qualifying round, FA Trophy, one route to a Wembley final. It's a physical league and won't be easy, the smaller clubs will raise their game, as Southend will be seen as a big fish.
The National League is littered with ex- league clubs, the key is to get out quick, otherwise you could end up like another Wrexham.

I will explain the main things that' are different in non league football. Poor away support from most clubs, plastic pitches allowed, no transfer window, FA cup, start in the 4th qualifying round, FA Trophy, one route to a Wembley final. It's a physical league and won't be easy, the smaller clubs will raise their game, as Southend will be seen as a big fish.
The National League is littered with ex- league clubs, the key is to get out quick, otherwise you could end up like another Wrexham.
Surely there are two routes to a Wembley final. The FA Cup and FA Trophy.

NL will not be as easy as some think.
It is very physical in that league and some of our players (if staying) will have to toughen up and it will be a fight for a survival.
I do think though with good planning and structure and with a cohesive squad it is doable

Another Wrexham? I would love us to be bought by Ryan Reynolds

Another Wrexham? I would love us to be bought by Ryan Reynolds
The other big difference as far as I know is that FFP doesn’t apply so we will in fact be competing in a league with some rich owners who like to throw their money around.

Lol...Its small and pretty poor TBH and in Ruislip....Been a few times..They used to have decent ground back when welast met them i the FA Cup

Didn't they lose their old ground when they tried and build a new stadium and it failed halfway through?

Glad we have never been in that position.

Back