• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

national league

Or complete change with, premiership (20 teams with 3 down) championship (24 teams with 3 up, 4 down), then regional leagues there after (24 teams with 2 up/4 down) to improve the gates at games as there would be more local teams. May make it harder to get promoted though but improved gates would be offset

Sounds remarkably like the system that got binned in 1958 (apart from your unsatisfactory 8 teams going out of the League each year)

Sounds remarkably like the system that got binned in 1958 (apart from your unsatisfactory 8 teams going out of the League each year)

not sure why eight teams would go out the league they would just go to the regional league which were pro level? What was the reason the leagues changed in 1958, I don’t really understand the history of the change and the weird four down from league one to two?

Perhaps a question already answered, but with Macclesfield out of business, how does it work with promotions and relegations between L2 and NL?

Good point, null and voiding N/S puts a different complexion on that
They'd need to relegate 3 sides from League 2 to make up the numbers (which won't happen since that would leave League 2 short, not to mention it's unfair to increase the relegation spots), they'll probably just do 23 teams again next season.

Hope not!.

Why not?

Be a nice weekender for a preseason friendly In August. Possibly the first proper game any of us have seen for over a year.

Plus the good people of Weymouth will have a huge and much needed cash boost....When the red hot League 2 favourites rock up

They'd need to relegate 3 sides from League 2 to make up the numbers (which won't happen since that would leave League 2 short, not to mention it's unfair to increase the relegation spots), they'll probably just do 23 teams again next season.
It might only be 22 (so an even number), depending on what they do with Dover.

It doesn't really. No relegation and the usual 2 up/ down. It just means there'll be 23 teams next season.

I wouldn't imagine that would be the case. That means that there will always be a team not playing every weekend. If Dover are kicked out, then that obviously changes things again.

I wouldn't imagine that would be the case. That means that there will always be a team not playing every weekend. If Dover are kicked out, then that obviously changes things again.

Would be the easiest outcome. Good luck promoting a team fron regional

I don’t know how comfortable I am with this. On one hand I still believe that should we finish in the bottom two then we absolutely deserve to lose our football league status but on the other, how can we drop down in to a league and be replaced with a team where the integrity of the league is somewhat ruined. With no relegation from the NL and one team all but pulled out, the league is a right mess.

I don’t know how comfortable I am with this. On one hand I still believe that should we finish in the bottom two then we absolutely deserve to lose our football league status but on the other, how can we drop down in to a league and be replaced with a team where the integrity of the league is somewhat ruined. With no relegation from the NL and one team all but pulled out, the league is a right mess.

I agree. It's difficult because you don't want to come across as biased and looking for a way to weasel out of a deserved relegation. But the National League is a farce and anything other than null-and-void is, in my eyes, a bigger hit to 'sporting integrity' than null-and-void would be.

I agree. It's difficult because you don't want to come across as biased and looking for a way to weasel out of a deserved relegation. But the National League is a farce and anything other than null-and-void is, in my eyes, a bigger hit to 'sporting integrity' than null-and-void would be.
Null & void x 2?????

I'm still wondering how the seven who voted against are surviving?
I suppose a reccy would provide the answer, but the money had run out at places like Wealdstone a month ago.
As for Dover, if they are kicked out, I'd like to see whether they mount a legal challenge.

Back