• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

national league

Nope. 2 will be going up, 2 will be going down.

If Dover were expelled they'd just have 22 next season with 2 relegation spots instead of 4.

There’s no relegation from the national league because the Conf North and South aren’t being finished and therefore have no promotion

If they expel Dover might mean 1 to go down?

Dover have been fined £40,000 and docked 12 points for next season. They will appeal because they have no funds to pay the fine and it will make them insolvent.

Other clubs in North and South have also been fined and given suspended points deductions. It all seems a bit of a mess.

The League are justifying it on the grounds that other clubs could afford to carry on paying/playing so therefore so could you.

Thsir only source of funding would be the owner putting his own money in.

Which could be very good news for us if we carry on our current trajectory and repeat the mistakes of the past.

Are you suggesting that tippy tappy crap for one quarter of the season won’t work in the Conference either?

Are you suggesting that tippy tappy crap for one quarter of the season won’t work in the Conference either?

I was more referring to things like organising pre-season late, burdening managers with transfer embargoes, that sort of stuff that has led us to be in the position we are in after three years of steady decline.

Very little has been mentioned as to the financial hit that comes about just by losing the Premier League Solidary payment which for Div2 clubs is very close to £10k per week.
Div 2 clubs also get approx £500k from central funding and clubs relegated to the NL get 100% of that sum in year one that reduces to 50%in year 2 and nil for year 3.
Theres no participation in the Carabo Cup and yep I know that’s not been a great source of revenue but when you look at other financial hits as Tesco say every little would help.
Theres a reason so many clubs struggle to get promotion if they get relegated and it’s his the main about the money

I guess like most of us on here, our team's situation is always on my mind. Believe me nothing would please me more than on the 8th May seeing us give Newport a thorough 1-0 thrashing (goal via Goodship's backside) to confirm our L2 status. Happy days.

My major concern with that scenario is the following euphoria will lead us to offering contracts to the current bunch of players (many of them are out of contract), who for the most part have shown little or no desire to making our beloved team a success on the pitch for some time now. I am also not sure MM has the chutzpah to thank the current bunch for their efforts and then release them.

No doubt these players will then take several weeks deliberating over the offer, whilst the best of any future replacements get snapped up, and then either sign it or leave to be replaced by the 4th choice option on MM's all singing all dancing spreadsheet (its got macros and conditional formatting you know!)

Therefore, would relegation really be a total disaster? I would imagine it will clear up any doubts about contract offers to the current playing posse. Although given the sticky financial situation of the club I am sure offers will still be made to the lower earning members of the squad.

Never the less, it should be an opportunity to breathe fresh life back into our team. For me it seems a very long time since we even had a player whose talents got fans talking excitedly about them or a mad rush to club shop so the youngsters could get his name on their shirts.

Sometimes in life you have to take a step back for the good times to start rolling again. Maybe our step back is into the NL, and this time next year we are all talking about how many goals do we think Billy Boots is going to score against Solihull. Whilst also looking forward to doing the Non League double. We were a good enough club to do it, we can be again. MM or replacement make it so.

UTB!

I guess like most of us on here, our team's situation is always on my mind. Believe me nothing would please me more than on the 8th May seeing us give Newport a thorough 1-0 thrashing (goal via Goodship's backside) to confirm our L2 status. Happy days.

My major concern with that scenario is the following euphoria will lead us to offering contracts to the current bunch of players (many of them are out of contract), who for the most part have shown little or no desire to making our beloved team a success on the pitch for some time now. I am also not sure MM has the chutzpah to thank the current bunch for their efforts and then release them.

No doubt these players will then take several weeks deliberating over the offer, whilst the best of any future replacements get snapped up, and then either sign it or leave to be replaced by the 4th choice option on MM's all singing all dancing spreadsheet (its got macros and conditional formatting you know!)

Therefore, would relegation really be a total disaster? I would imagine it will clear up any doubts about contract offers to the current playing posse. Although given the sticky financial situation of the club I am sure offers will still be made to the lower earning members of the squad.

Never the less, it should be an opportunity to breathe fresh life back into our team. For me it seems a very long time since we even had a player whose talents got fans talking excitedly about them or a mad rush to club shop so the youngsters could get his name on their shirts.

Sometimes in life you have to take a step back for the good times to start rolling again. Maybe our step back is into the NL, and this time next year we are all talking about how many goals do we think Billy Boots is going to score against Solihull. Whilst also looking forward to doing the Non League double. We were a good enough club to do it, we can be again. MM or replacement make it so.

UTB!

How many more steps back do you want us to take ffs?

Back