• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperman

Manager
This might sound a bit naive not knowing but I would like an explanation.
Last week I went to my younger sisters college dance show. The third year graduates had little profiles about certain details and achievements. Why is it that English nationals have British stated as there nationality whilst Scottish, Irish and Welsh do not? Instead they have there seperate nation. Does this also apply with passports?

This is one thing that really ****es me off...

I always state im English on application forms and im forever receiving them back.

Why should I not be English, I was born in England, not Scotland, not Wales and not N Ireland, so if a form asks me for my country of birth and I enter England, what is the problem with that.

I tell you why, it's because of this poxy f%&king PC government!

Call me a nationalist or whatever, I just feel strongly about my English heritage, and I will never ever change.

End of rant.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ July 04 2006,18:10)]This is one thing that really ****es me off...

I always state im English on application forms and im forever receiving them back.

Why should I not be English, I was born in England, not Scotland, not Wales and not N Ireland, so if a form asks me for my country of birth and I enter England, what is the problem with that.

Call me a nationalist or whatever, I just feel strongly about my English heritage, and I will never ever change.

End of rant.

mad.gif
I felt this way too, then embarked on a geneaology quest. i have since found out that in the 17th century one line of my proud heritage (mums side) were,,, French !!!!!
bloody French.

The shame of it.

My dads side still hearken back to the 14th century England Sussex whence all trace of that line is lost.

We do have a touch of Scottish from my great grandfather though.

To all intent and purpose I believe we should be able to say English. Even if I do like a few cloves of garlic here and there

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ July 04 2006,18:10)]This is one thing that really ****es me off...

End of rant.

mad.gif
couldnt agree more mate! well said

I think it is unfair that white people only get one box to tick in the ethnic origin section section of most forms yet everyone else gets loads of different options.

What happened to freedom of choice?

Did we lose a war or something?

Just tick the rather not say box to skew their results.

Also think it's disgusting they changed the goalposts when people tried to get Jedi Knight listed as an official religion during the 2001 Census

any application or anything the like always has the equal oppertunities sh it at the end..

this is a huge bee in my bonnet, and it drives me mad.. If i was born raised and lived in this country i should have more rights than someone who arrived 6 months ago.. etc etc..

on all forms, i state i am english and english only..

your lucky if british is an option on forms, it's just usually "white"

[b said:

End of rant.

mad.gif
top post
smile.gif
devil.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ July 05 2006,11:25)]Am I alone in being proud to be BRITISH?
I'm proud to be European and look forwards to the day I live in a republic and can whip a banknote out of my back burner that doesn't have a picture of the Queen on it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 05 2006,11:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ July 05 2006,11:25)]Am I alone in being proud to be BRITISH?
I'm proud to be European and look forwards to the day I live in a republic and can whip a banknote out of my back burner that doesn't have a picture of the Queen on it.
I was with you up to about the fourth/fifth word...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ July 05 2006,11:34)]
[b said:
[b said:
I was with you up to about the fourth/fifth word...

rock.gif
It is possible to be English, British and European simultaneously and there are benefits of being each.

[b said:
[b said:
typical reaction from peple on this board.. absolute lefty's..

all of you, you remember what made this country.. but if you want to be controlled by some fatso in a chair in brussels then f%&k off to germany..

i for one, will always be english. i do not want to be associated with britian as it includes wales and scotland..

and as for european, i certainly am not.. because that includes turkey, germany, france and many other countries

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ July 05 2006,12:52)]
[b said:
[b said:

but if you want to be controlled by some fatso in a chair in brussels then f%&k off to germany..
Last time I looked Brussels was in Belgium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ July 05 2006,12:52)]all of you, you remember what made this country...
No... I'm genuinely interested to hear what you think "made this country" (and you probably ought to specify what "this country" means).

rock.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong, but people here who claim they are 'English through and through' are probably descendants from the Saxons, Vikings etc.

If you are definately 'English through and through', then you are most probably an Inbred. Sorry!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 05 2006,13:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

but if you want to be controlled by some fatso in a chair in brussels then f%&k off to germany..
yes dimwit.. you are a clever boy... but a weee little thing happened a while back, and germany are part of the euro.. and their econonmy is run by europeans.. so your not so smart attempt at a come back was once again flawed.. ver very poor

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 05 2006,13:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

and you are all now getting on your high horses.. perhaps once you could come up with something other than your "anglo saxon" line..

Back