• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ndukwu Returns to Leicester

Young people are not adults and I don't expect them to behave like adults, but I do expect them to learn from their mistakes and Layton has clearly made one of two. Although it is clearly a mistake to write "Thank God" on his Twitter page I don't blame him at all for thinking that, it must be great to leave our sorry little omnishambles of a club to return to the much more pleasant environment of Leicester City. He is a lucky boy and I hope that one day he will see that his unpleasant experience at Southend and the mistakes he made here have provided valuable lessons for how he should conduct himself as a professional footballer. Good luck to you Layton Ndukwu.

To be fair to the young lad this must have been a horrible experience. Not surprised he is glad to be leaving.

I know Premier League clubs lend their players out hoping to grow their experience. Well he will certainly have grown after this. Perhaps not in the way that Leicester intended, but I seriously doubt he will ever be thrust into a situation this ****ed up in his career ever again. At the age of 21, to be exposed to an environment and a club like ours must have been a real eye-opener.

I can take his explanation for the Twitter episode at face value but any "thank god" comments made would have been appropriate and realistic.

Most frustratingly though was that the appalling mismatch between what we got and what we needed was equally matched in tragedy by his own lack of application and the absolute shambles he faced while at this club. It's my own opinion that he wouldn't have succeeded anyway but he also couldn't have succeeded.

BUT as to the bit that actually was in his control and based on what I could see with my own eyes on the pitch, I'm not sure I've ever seen a youngster at this club so disinterested in making an effort to show what he was capable of.

On the basis of all the above, I am only happy to see him finally leave. It'll be "interesting" to see how he fares in the future but I just don't see enough work ethic to suggest he'll make it in the game.

I'd tell him to 'jog on' but he'd probably just amble away, or thumb a lift, or phone his agent to pick him up even if he was only going up the road anyway.

Back