• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ndukwu Returns to Leicester

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member

Saw him come on against Blackpool first game and thought he had promise. Shame, like Hamilton will no doubt no sign for another league one club and smash it.

Wish him the all the best, bit gutted for him as he really wasn’t given the chances.

His best game for us was against Orient in the Mickey Mouse cup. Wasn't really given much opportunity unfortunately.

always thought he looked iffy, but its what you do in training that catches the managers eye for selection, maybe he just didnt stand out.

Shame and wish him well, Odds on that both he and hamilton will have blinders against us if like Hamilton he signs for another league 1 club

Three separate management teams, and none of them fancied him.

From the brief glimpses we did see of him, I personally thought he looked very lightweight.

Will probably be another one of those who couldn’t make the grade at Roots Hall, but will be a world beater, elsewhere.

Is his grandad still floating about on here? Would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the whole situation

Hopefully this is the kick up the back side the lad needs.

When he 1st came to us , after seeing the video footage of his highlights for Leicester u21s , i was very excited.

Having seen all of his lazy , listless & pathetic performances for us , he easily makes his way into my all time worst team. And trust me , over the 43 years of supporting , thats a team full of rubbish!

His best game for us was against Orient in the Mickey Mouse cup. Wasn't really given much opportunity unfortunately.
He was given an opportunity in training basically every day. Something must of been up with him for him not to get more match time

Three separate management teams, and none of them fancied him.

This is it for me exactly - it’s all very well for people to say he wasn’t given a chance but you have to ask why he wasn’t given a chance. He cannot have shone in training at all and he had a chance to do that every session. Sometimes he wasn’t even in the match day squad when fit which shows how he was rated not just by Sol, but by Waddock and Bond too.

We move on....

Shame, thought he could do something.

Light in midfield, need some players Ron...

Good. Crap player. No one looks **** in their Youtube compilation and all he has is a highlight reel of him hitting the post. Bizarre signing

He has skill, watching him in warm ups and he is quick, agile and can shoot.
I didn't sense an urgency or "hunger" in him that someone like Kelman or Hammy or the other younger lads had.He always seemed reserved and waiting for something to happen rather than going to make it happen himself.
Good luck to him, right side, right manager, right timing and he could have a career.

I honestly didn't see enough of him to judge him. I doubt he'll have many great memories of his time at Southend. All the best Layton.

was not the guy going through some serious personal issues ?

anyway - one moment we are upset about how mental health issues can take lives and the next we are handing out absolute dogs abuse to young footballers we know nothing about ..

This is it for me exactly - it’s all very well for people to say he wasn’t given a chance but you have to ask why he wasn’t given a chance. He cannot have shone in training at all and he had a chance to do that every session. Sometimes he wasn’t even in the match day squad when fit which shows how he was rated not just by Sol, but by Waddock and Bond too.

We move on....

He was given a chance!

10 of them in fact. Over 300 minutes of first team football and he showed absolutely nothing. Sam Barratt showed more in a 2 minute cameo at Wimbledon in his first match back after an 18 month injury!

Charlie Kelman, Isaac Hutchinson and Emile Acquah last season, Terrell Egbri, Eren Kinali, Richard Taylor and Matt Rush this year - they all showed more in less pitch time and they were often played out of position and some of them may not make it in professional football. The harsh truth is he looked lost out there and if he wasn't a loan signing from a big club he wouldn't have had nearly as many chances as he was given.

I hope for his and his grandfather's sake this insight into first team football gives him an idea of the standard required to make a career out of football, the speed of the game and what he needs to work on. We might have had worse wingers since Brett Darby but I'd rather not think of them.

Still, at least he wasn't as disastrous a signing as Ridgewell.

I suppose the good news is, that if anyone is really missing him, we will still be seeing Leyton next season..

it will just be the Orient this time

Back