• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nearby lettings

AmericanShrimper

I'm trying to start looking for some potential flats for let near Roots Hall, does anyone know of any buildings or complexes where there might be units available or estate agents I should contact? Or are there units or agents I should avoid?

Avoid everywhere around Roots Hall. It's full of refugees and asylum seekers with landlords cashing in and doing $%&* all to improve the properties. I know ... I used to live just a few minutes away from the ground ... and that's one of the reasons I'm here in Spain now!

WS

wink.gif

ok good to know. Is there anywhere you would recommend I look that's at least within biking distance of the ground?

No, I don't. Sorry. Outside the immediate area, yes. But because the ground in centre of town, in my opinion the property is much less desirable and therefore tends to be given over to the influx of refugees and asylum seekers that has occured over the past five years or so (and a marked increase in crime). There are some nice places but I wouldn't chance it. Personally.

WS

WS

what about Leigh-on-Sea? I've heard (somewhere on here I think) that is a nice area. Yes?

Southchurch is OK - not too far from Roots Hall and there are new flats popping up everywhere around Southend! Not long ago I looked at the flats directly behind the South Stand which wasn't too bad but you might want to take into consideration what WS said about that area....

what sort of price range were those behind the south stand lee?

I'll also check out Southchurch and Leigh then, thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ July 24 2005,03:15)]what sort of price range were those behind the south stand lee?

I was just looking at renting and they were about £500 a month. They were nicer than I thought they would be inside and I am sure they always have a few going.

I think most flat rental prices around Southend are pretty similar (if you're looking for one bedroom) as when I was looking it seemed to range from £450 for the lowest quality up to around £550 - £600 max for fairly nice places.

You'l probably find Leigh a lot more expensive but then it is a much nicer area.

thanks so much Lee, I'll keep all of that in mind. Of course I will be looking to rent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ July 24 2005,03:15)]what sort of price range were those behind the south stand lee?

Expensive and I do mean EXPENSIVE. I would seriously suggest looking further afield, like Pitsea or Basildon.

I won't have a car though, so its RH easy to get to from places like pitsea and basildon?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ July 24 2005,21:42)]I won't have a car though, so its RH easy to get to from places like pitsea and basildon?
Brad,

I'm guessing you want somewhere from August?

I'll check out a few things this end if you like for when you come over?

Dave

Dave,

That would be fantastic! Thank you so much!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ July 24 2005,21:42)]I won't have a car though, so its RH easy to get to from places like pitsea and basildon?
Pitsea & Basildon are ok by public transport, but you would need to get back to Westcliff or Central to train it back. I think the No.2 bus runs back that way but no idea of times.

There are some flats in Skyline Plaza for rent but i think you are looking at £650 pcm ++

If i were you i would try Westcliff, Hamlet Court Road area, flats & Studios available there at around £4-500 pcm ++

There are shed loads of letting agents around, plus there are normall small ads in the Echo etc

lots of flats round there though its nicer away from hamlet court road a bit in the conservation area and nearer chalkwell .. the chalkwell hall estate is nice but it mainly big houses, there are a few flats round there but it will be expensive and it v quiet.. leigh is next down the line and thats the best place to have a flat, especially if u dont have to worry about parking a car ...

and as your american just bring a fistload of those yankee dollars and buy the whole punkass limey town!!..
silk stockings and chocolate will keep the chicks happy as well
wink.gif

I live about a 2 minute walk from Roots Hall, Nothing wrong with the area compared to some spots in Southend, could be worse.

But i am also looking to move into southchurch (around southend eact) into rented accomadation so it is easier to commute everyday when i start my new job.

east stand, is your rent fairly high or is it managable? Certainly the closer to RH the better as far as I'm concerned, but I'll keep all of these areas in mind. I appreciate all of your input, as its pretty hard to get a good idea about anything from over here!

Unfortunately Canv, my yankee dollars are worth squat next to yours...

Well were i am moving to is about a 15-20 minute walk from roots hall, 1 double room, 1 single room/office, mdeium size front room and kitchen with a 30ft long by 10ft garden, semi detached and part furnished is costing me and my gf 600 quid a month which includes concil tax, gas and lecy too!

Back