• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
Just got out of hospital,spent 6 nights in intensive care,then another 7 in a normal ward.
Sadly i fell 5-6 meters from a building site here in Germany,will be trouble now coz they did not have scaffold put up.
I woke up on the floor,in bad pain down my right side,no one saw me fall,but heard me groaning later.
They flew the doctor in by helicopter,i was in big trouble,the doc put me into a "coma",then had to insert a "needle??" through my broken ribs into my lung,he told my wife,if he had not done that,i would not have made it to hospital.By the time i got to hospital i had lost 2 liters of blood-fluides.
On site,they cut off all my clothes to see the damage.
When my wife got to the emergency room at the hospital,it was empty.She asked about where i was,they told her..the whole "team" was working on me!!!
After an hour ,or when ever,the took me down to intensive care,she asked how i was..the doc told her ..i was at this moment ,out of "life threatening",but if i got pneumonia !!!!
When i woke up,hours later..i had 9 tubes inserted into me...and had loads of "stuff"around me making strange sounds...breathing,heart,pulse,blood pressure,bbc world service...even i think a one armed bandit.
BUT,i was very,very lucky..injuries being "slight".4 broken ribs,damaged lung.shattered shoulder blade,now held together by metal,battered arm and leg.Also a blood clot somewhere in my head-brain.that will be checked again in 4 weeks,but so far the doctors said its no problem,plus many a small injurys.
But i can walk and all other main organs,liver,heart,etc working well.
So an "old" Southend fan can get a bit older,thank God.
utb ozzie

Wow, sounds as if you had a rough old time but lucky that it wasn't so much worse! Wishing you a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

Just got out of hospital,spent 6 nights in intensive care,then another 7 in a normal ward.
Sadly i fell 5-6 meters from a building site here in Germany,will be trouble now coz they did not have scaffold put up.
I woke up on the floor,in bad pain down my right side,no one saw me fall,but heard me groaning later.
They flew the doctor in by helicopter,i was in big trouble,the doc put me into a "coma",then had to insert a "needle??" through my broken ribs into my lung,he told my wife,if he had not done that,i would not have made it to hospital.By the time i got to hospital i had lost 2 liters of blood-fluides.
On site,they cut off all my clothes to see the damage.
When my wife got to the emergency room at the hospital,it was empty.She asked about where i was,they told her..the whole "team" was working on me!!!
After an hour ,or when ever,the took me down to intensive care,she asked how i was..the doc told her ..i was at this moment ,out of "life threatening",but if i got pneumonia !!!!
When i woke up,hours later..i had 9 tubes inserted into me...and had loads of "stuff"around me making strange sounds...breathing,heart,pulse,blood pressure,bbc world service...even i think a one armed bandit.
BUT,i was very,very lucky..injuries being "slight".4 broken ribs,damaged lung.shattered shoulder blade,now held together by metal,battered arm and leg.Also a blood clot somewhere in my head-brain.that will be checked again in 4 weeks,but so far the doctors said its no problem,plus many a small injurys.
But i can walk and all other main organs,liver,heart,etc working well.
So an "old" Southend fan can get a bit older,thank God.
utb ozzie

Jeeez that is a feeble excuse not to get embroiled in the Brown Out thread. Get better soon , there is a lot more Southend supporting to do yet. Oh, and I suggest you stick to the lower tier south stand, what with your track record. :winking:

Blimey. I'm sure all Southend fans are wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Especially those old enough to remember 'Ozzie or SUFC' or both sprayed in different towns we visited, or on the London tube. You seem to be dealing with it all quite well. I know from experience that just the broken ribs would be enough for me, let alone all the other stuff. Good luck ozzie.

As a veteran of SUFC battles of the Seventies, this must have been a walk in the park Oz? Keep on the mend mate.

... and Germans are supposed to be efficient in their methods! Rest assured that scaffolding will be up now!
Wish you will fellow shrimper, our form of late should be of some comfort to you at least.
Rest up mate.

Wishing you all the best Ozzie make sure you buy a euro millions lotto ticket asap,as a fellow brickie/builder i know how close we can be death and i hope you get compensated well.

Just wondering why there was no scaffold when you were working 5-6 metres high. How strict are they in Germany

Blimey! That's a hell of an incident, glad you're ok and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Bloody hell mate. I was worried when i started reading your news - I owe you a pint from Exeter City away 1976!!
Heyyy it takes more than a few krauts to ignore safety regulations to kill off Shrimper.
Sounds like you were lucky and had a quick thinking German doctor.
Get strong, stay strong and see you soon.
If you need to recuperate? There is a spare room in my new home in Moraira, Spain. Bit of R&R required!
C'mon You Shrimpers! UTB.

Back