• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil Harris

Thought Harris had issues with Ron from his stint here...all these issues might delay our appointment which is needed asap

Just been reading the Millwall forum (I wish I hadn't). A few think Harris will be our new Manager.
Harris with AB as assistant would be fantastic- make it happen Ron!

Just been reading the Millwall forum (I wish I hadn't). A few think Harris will be our new Manager.
Harris with AB as assistant would be fantastic- make it happen Ron!
Some friendly banter on there mixed with impeccable spelling & grammar :Smile:

A friend of a friend is related to Harris, and the reason he's left is lack of funding, and ambition by the club. He's been unhappy for some time by all accounts and wants a bigger challenge.

Not sure how that bodes with him coming to Roots Hall, as we have less funding than Millwall?

Would be great to get him, but just can't see it. Do we need another manager who preffered tactic is hoofball???

Just shows how fickle football fans are. Neil has established them as a Championship club. Give it a few months and they’ll be begging for him to be back whilst they drop like a stone towards relegation.

They really are. I was talking to a Millwall fan last week and his words were as follows,

"You can have Harris, Barrett and Leanord! They are all s***."

I couldn't understand it. I was saying what a great job Harris had done, two playoff finals, cup runs and highest ever finish of 7th in the championship. Also, where did he really expect Millwall to be? What budget do they really have in comparison to the rest of the championship? Their squad got weaker over the summer, especially losing Gregory! They are a yoyo club and always will be.

Like most fickle fans, he didn't want to know. Apparently no one likes them and he doesn't care.

They really are. I was talking to a Millwall fan last week and his words were as follows,

"You can have Harris, Barrett and Leanord! They are all s***."

I couldn't understand it. I was saying what a great job Harris had done, two playoff finals, cup runs and highest ever finish of 7th in the championship. Also, where did he really expect Millwall to be? What budget do they really have in comparison to the rest of the championship? Their squad got weaker over the summer, especially losing Gregory! They are a yoyo club and always will be.

Like most fickle fans, he didn't want to know. Apparently no one likes them and he doesn't care.

Watch then appoint some fancy name who will try to get them to play fancy football but instead they’ll just slip towards the relegation zone and eventually back in to league one where they belong. It’ll be at that moment there fans will realise how badly they’ve ****ed up.

Watch then appoint some fancy name who will try to get them to play fancy football but instead they’ll just slip towards the relegation zone and eventually back in to league one where they belong. It’ll be at that moment there fans will realise how badly they’ve ****ed up.
Maybe Kevin Bond would be a good fit.....he likes to give the ball away at the back .. oh meant to say play football

Thought Harris had issues with Ron from his stint here...all these issues might delay our appointment which is needed asap
Didn't Harris say he would not come back to Southend all the time Ron was in charge .

Im amazed NH is favorite without even been interviewed yet ....madness .

Putting myself in his boots Id be confident i could get another job in the Championship with his CV and the way that League churns managers i would hold out for a more lucrative deal , Just my opinion of course .

Im amazed NH is favorite without even been interviewed yet ....madness .

Putting myself in his boots Id be confident i could get another job in the Championship with his CV and the way that League churns managers i would hold out for a more lucrative deal , Just my opinion of course .
I think it would have to be relatively local, couldn't see him uprooting his family to go to Stoke for example.

I would think Barratt getting the chance to prove himself at Millwall will remove him from the race. And I just can't see Nathan Jones jumping in to our fire straight from the world of stress he's had at Stoke. Harris may think his decent record at Millwall will give him a shot at another Champ club (maybe Stoke?). So that leaves Larsson & Sol. Of those two based purely on relevent experience & some level of success, for me it should be Sol.

A friend of a friend is related to Harris, and the reason he's left is lack of funding, and ambition by the club. He's been unhappy for some time by all accounts and wants a bigger challenge.

Not sure how that bodes with him coming to Roots Hall, as we have less funding than Millwall?

Would be great to get him, but just can't see it. Do we need another manager who preffered tactic is hoofball???
We need a manager who can get results. I don't care how it is achieved for the time being. Ipswich supporters wanted pretty football and look what happened to them !

Back