• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil Warnock

shrimperton

Manager
Get him in, some one whos knows how to build a squad with no money, scarboro, notts county, every team he managed got promoted and been to a wembley final, all with little money, lets face it ron dont give much out by the look of it

got a great record in lower leagues!!!

we got some good players but a motivator is what we need, and tilly aint that!!

go on tilly lovers, bash me!!

Would be amusing, but it won't happen in a million years.

If, and well, it won't, Tilly gets sacked, I'd still pick Martin Allen. He'd sort them out and wouldn't stand for any crap.

Same old sh*t with tilly, unlucky, need to concentrate blah blah blah.

tilly, the books stops with you and brush, no signings, no motivation, bad tactics. dont even see tilly have a go on the sidelines!!!

Get him in, some one whos knows how to build a squad with no money, scarboro, notts county, every team he managed got promoted and been to a wembley final, all with little money, lets face it ron dont give much out by the look of it

got a great record in lower leagues!!!

we got some good players but a motivator is what we need, and tilly aint that!!

go on tilly lovers, bash me!!

Every club he has ever managed has played the long ball game and dirty football. This is the manager who told his players to get sent off so the game would be abandoned(WBA at home losing 3-0 and down to 7 players).

if he became southend manager I wouldn't go and watch them and i am sure plenty of others wouldn't either.

Hmmm, sounds just like Tilly did with that team he managed a few years ago; who was it? Oh yes, Southend United!

No one is denying that this club had a successful time with tilson involved but that was then,this is now and for the past season & a bit he has been lacking in the tactical department.

Every club he has ever managed has played the long ball game and dirty football. This is the manager who told his players to get sent off so the game would be abandoned(WBA at home losing 3-0 and down to 7 players).

if he became southend manager I wouldn't go and watch them and i am sure plenty of others wouldn't either.

Dont agree, what would be the point in getting the game abandoned he forfeited the points anyway to prove that.

Point is we need a motivator and tilly is not one. Lower league football is about motivation as there is not much between either team, its who wants it more and who has the bottle to get it

We got promoted from league two because Freddie was a golden nuget playing in a league full of very average players. We got promoted from league one for one reason and one reason only Shaun Goater read his book and what he has to say about Tilson and i quote " Tilson trained us hard so hard the lads were to fatiqued to come in for extra training to work on things that needed improving " Also goes on to say how he talked Freddie through matches helping with positioning etc that is what was missing last year with Freddie and is crying out for still an old head to quide the younger players up front and also some one to marshall the defence as Prior did they must be out there find them or go back to league two

We got promoted from league two because Freddie was a golden nuget playing in a league full of very average players. We got promoted from league one for one reason and one reason only Shaun Goater read his book and what he has to say about Tilson and i quote " Tilson trained us hard so hard the lads were to fatiqued to come in for extra training to work on things that needed improving " Also goes on to say how he talked Freddie through matches helping with positioning etc that is what was missing last year with Freddie and is crying out for still an old head to quide the younger players up front and also some one to marshall the defence as Prior did they must be out there find them or go back to league two

spot on mate

Who signed Goater?

I think we should ban posting until at least 24 hours after a defeat. Then we wouldn't have so much silliness. We're all disappointed lads, but it doesn't mean we have to lose our minds.

I think we should ban posting until at least 24 hours after a defeat. Then we wouldn't have so much silliness. We're all disappointed lads, but it doesn't mean we have to lose our minds.

Can we ban posting until 24 hours after a win as well please? That would remove some of the unfounded blind optimism we often get as well!

We are a fickle lot on this board!

Apparantly according to Mr Goater it was a certain Mr R Martin who was very determind to sign him making phone calls to his agent and to himself all the time

Can we ban posting until 24 hours after a win as well please? That would remove some of the unfounded blind optimism we often get as well!

We are a fickle lot on this board!

I totally agree Chris. With 10 mins to go, Tilson was the man. A win at Brighton. MMMM you'd better believe it. 10 minutes later he's a ****.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

PS Warnock indeed. :)

As much as I love Neil Warnock, I hardly think that he's the way forward. We have a young talented manager who insists on playing football properly and we really should be more patient.

Martin Allen is a bad shout as well. I don't know why there's such a fixation on 'showing passion' in English football. Allen managed to screw up promotion with Brentford on a number of occasions, failed again with MK Dongs and then shot off to Leicester where he was clearly a pain in the ****. Just cos he shouts, doesn't mean he's any good.

I saw this role moving from the goat to bradders since the goat retired - thought this season especially lee would be great to have around for the young lads with his experience and grit, determination etc. but he's gone now....I do think theres a bit of overreaction right now, probably because the defeat is still fresh in the mind - tilly has things to work on - most notably his inability to sub or change things tactically...anyone in the chat room earlier saw us all screaming for him to make a sub for at least 15/20 mins while the game went dull at 1-0/1-1...i still stand by him 100% and theres no way warnock would come to southend anyway - he'll be waiting for an offer of a high championship/low prem team id imagine

eh?
So how are we supposed to vent our anger? Did you go today? If you did, what is your reaction to what unfolded before us?

As much as I love Neil Warnock, I hardly think that he's the way forward. We have a young talented manager who insists on playing football properly and we really should be more patient.

Martin Allen is a bad shout as well. I don't know why there's such a fixation on 'showing passion' in English football. Allen managed to screw up promotion with Brentford on a number of occasions, failed again with MK Dongs and then shot off to Leicester where he was clearly a pain in the ****. Just cos he shouts, doesn't mean he's any good.

Couldn't agree more. Come on lads keep your nerve. You're behaving like a bunch of girls.

PS does not mean I'm gutted. But after 45 years supporting this shower of ****e you really do get phlegmatic about it. Remember the good times. Cos the bad will always be round the corner

Back