• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock is considering suing West Ham now that the two clubs have concluded their legal dispute over Carlos Tevez.
The Blades agreed a settlement with the Hammers on Monday after claiming compensation for the part Tevez played in keeping the London club up in 2007.
Warnock, whose side went down, told the BBC he would be "seeking legal advice".
He added: "We worked so hard that year. The club was going forward. You do feel bitter without a shadow of a doubt."
BBC Sport understands West Ham have agreed to pay the Blades about £20m in compensation, which will be paid in installments over a five-year period.
And if West Ham are sold within a certain timeframe, a further bond of £5m will be payable to Sheffield United.
Warnock, now boss of Crystal Palace, said he could think about his own position now that the clubs have sorted their issues.
"It's just been a matter of finalising all those details first before you think about your personal losses," he told Radio 5 Live.

Idiot. Should have avoided defeat on the last day of the season then.

Doesnt make sense to me. The Premier League handed out a punishment which at the time was apparently acceptable to all parties. West Ham miraculously stay up and Sheff United, unable to get a point against Wigan, then decide its not fair.
Whilst The Hammers are probably not everyone on this boards second favourite team, I expect Neil Warnock is even more unpopular.

They should all shut up and get on with it.

I was extremely disappointed that West Ham managed to stay up ahead of Sheffield.

I demand compensation, to the tune of £1,000,000, for the emotional trauma caused by this event.

The anagram of Neil Warnock suits him admirably. His constant berating of refs is seriously annoying, he should look at his own shortcomings and those of his teams.

Seems like a win-win to me - The Hamsters have to spend more time and money and Warnock entertains us all by being an idiot. I think it should be encouraged...

Tevez scored one goal and created another in their FA Cup win over Brighton that season. I think they should replay the match, or reinstate the Seagulls, and have re-do the entire competition from thereon in.

Back