• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nelson PK

Bon soir, Posh fan here.

We lost our star striker Leon McKenzie to Norwich in February, now Barry f**kwit appears to have robbed another Leon to replace him.

I've read most of the threads about Constantine and it's clear that you're miffed at his attitude - I would be too.

But what's the real deal here? Was last season really a one-hit wonder? He's 26, bit late to start an upward career so where has he been all this time?

Btw, apropos nothing, I used to live in Southend and played against Steve Tilson when he was at Witham Town - dead chuffed that he has remained a loyal servant at Roots Hall.

all I can say is dont expect another 25 next season.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Good to see that the Posh fans feel the same about Fat Fry as we do.

Leon had a great season last year, dispite it looking like he didn't try hard. He was in and out of matches very frequently, you wouldn't realise he was playing and then he'd score.

I think that this year was the best of his career, as I don't see him getting 25 for your lot in Div 2, I don't think he'd have got 25 for us in Div 3. But expect something like 12 goals from him, as he has height, pace and knows where the back of the net is.

We're all miffed about what's gone on, because he said he wanted to come back, and we had another striker Mark Rawle do the same last year. Say they want to return and then sod off elsewhere, where money isn't tight at the club. I for one would definitely have liked to see him back next year, but asking triple the amount from a club in financial difficulties, who rescued you from obscurity the year before, tells me that he has an attitude and an inflated ego.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 22 2004,20:17)]I for one would definitely have liked to see him back next year, but asking triple the amount from a club in financial difficulties, who rescued you from obscurity the year before, tells me that he has an attitude and an inflated ego.
He was on a very low wage and was expecting him to get a double your money deal, however a 200% payrise is a little too much to ask for in any circumstance.

Regarding the attitude though, I've never felt that Constantine had much of one as he is just too plain stupid. Like with Rawle I believe it was more of a case of what was being said in his ear from his dirty agent.

Einstein

Thanks for the replies fellas, I appreciate you're probably too ****ed off to keep discussing a key player walking off in his boots.

Frankly I'm gobsmacked about the wage demands.  Posh haven't got a pot to **** in and Fatso is frequently complaining that 'such and such' player signs for another team on double what he can afford.  An example only last summer was when he tried to sign Junior Agogo from Barnet but was beaten by Bristol Rovers, a lucky escape it seems.

Two more points; many Posh fans hate Fry with a passion - I lived in S.Benfleet when the tw*t jumped ship for Birmingham.  Andy Edwards was a great servant at Posh and I hope he brings you some stability next season.

I'll pop by from time to time to let you know how Neon Leon is getting on, if that's okay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nelson PK @ May 22 2004,21:50)]I'll pop by from time to time to let you know how Neon Leon is getting on, if that's okay.
Thats fine, along as you dont come on here bragging about how many goals he's scored for ya ...

Kev

wink.gif

You can moan about how he does nothing, scores little and takes your wage bill through the roof.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ May 22 2004,21:01)]Regarding the attitude though, I've never felt that Constantine had much of one as he is just too plain stupid. Like with Rawle I believe it was more of a case of what was being said in his ear from his dirty agent.

Einstein
Wrong.

Mark's agent advised him against the move on the basis that Ian Atkins is hard to work with. Mark wanted to go so his agent set up the deal. It was entirely down to Mark, not his agent.

Back