• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nessie - Does it exist?

Does the Loch Ness monster exist?

• Total voters

Bielzibubz

President
Following on from the UFO thread I thought I'd pose this little conundrum.

Given that we know less about what lurks below us in the darkest deepest recesses of the oceans and the possible creatures that exist there what are your thoughts on the possibility that Nessie exists and is in fact a 'creature that time forgot'.

One salient point to consider before you dismiss it out of hand is that in 1938 the Coelacanth was found. A 'fish' that, through fossilised remains, was thought to have been extinct for nie on 400 million years.

Personally I'm sceptical and have yet to be convinced.

And no, I don't know how to do polls yet! :p

When you start new thread you tick the box add poll or something like that, then on the next page is where you put your poll choices and name of your poll!

And BTW I don't think this creature exists either! Well I am yet to be convinced it does!

didnt they discover that the photo that they thought was Nessie from the early 1900's turned out to be an elephant swimming?

You can knock it,
You can rock it,
You can go to Timbuktu,
But you'll never find a Nessie in the zoo...

:D

I've no idea whether Nessie exists. She probably doesn't, but it would be fun if she did - so I've voted yes.

:)

Of course it exists. That's a very deep loch up there and there's plenty of nooks and crannies to hide in.

Besides which, if you had hordes of camera-snapping Yanks at your front door, you'd keep a low profile too.

My uncle claims to have seen it back in the 1980s. I am however incredibly sceptical, seeing as they have made numerous attempts to find it, and all the main photos have been exposed as hoaxes!

Mmm not convinced that 'Nessie' exists. There have been reported sightings for years so just how old would that make 'Nessie'? If there was a family surely that would increase the chances of finding it.

Just one of those myths that has kept going!

Following on from the UFO thread I thought I'd pose this little conundrum.

Given that we know less about what lurks below us in the darkest deepest recesses of the oceans and the possible creatures that exist there what are your thoughts on the possibility that Nessie exists and is in fact a 'creature that time forgot'.

One salient point to consider before you dismiss it out of hand is that in 1938 the Coelacanth was found. A 'fish' that, through fossilised remains, was thought to have been extinct for nie on 400 million years.

And no, I don't know how to do polls yet! :p

Does Loch Ness connect to the North Sea or Atlantic via a deep channel river? If so, this is the only way I can believe any potential large creature could end up in Loch Ness.

For a start, how would this creature breed and reproduce unless there were hundreds of them? If there is only one is it thousands of years old and how did it come to be there in the first place? Surely that isnt possible...

The only way I could believe it is if there is easy access from Loch Ness to a deep part of the Atlantic Ocean, where large creatures such as the 'Colossal Squid', which can be up to 20m long, are found. Then, occasionally one of them could find itself in Loch Ness - and then find its way out again.

Apart from that - no chance whatsoever!

And apparently it's been proven through deep water sonar that there is in fact a subterranean tunnel/passage that leads to the open ocean so therefore that would increase the chances somewhat.

Bingo. I hadnt read this before I responded. In that case, I can believe that once in a very long while one large creature or another could find itself in Loch Ness.

I think it is entirely possible that there are creatures lurking in the depths, that have barely evolved since pre-historic times, but enough about the Scots. Ba-dum-tish.

However I prefer Kent Shrimper's cynical explanation far more. Anyone off to hunt for some haggis?

The coelocanth had the whole of the Indian ocean to hide so it is not suprising it wasn't re-discovered until the 1930's.

In comparison loch Ness is a mere puddle.

If there ever was a loch Ness monster it probably died young from heart disease, liver failure or a heroin overdose like most of the natives do.

Hmm, well i reckon if it did excist it should be roughly 250 years old or so now, what a load of tosh to earn a few quid from us dopey tourists, and the yanks and chinese lol.:hilarious: :hilarious:

Back