• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Netflix scam

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
APPLE NETFLIX SCAM

I have just received an e-mail allegedly from Apple informimg me I have subscribed to netflix - which I haven't. The 'cancel' link asks for all personal details (name, address, bank account detail, d.o.b.) which seemed a tad out of order (I thought they'd have these details already). I called Apple and they confirmed it's a 'phishing' scam. Apple assure me no payment has been made. The e-mail looks genuine enough apart from the amount; " ?35,99 " a month.

dmlpokxddethm8ozsddl.jpg

Plenty of spam emails - I get them from "Amazon", "Ebay" and "Apple" telling me there's a problem with something I ordered. Just hovering over the link will show you that it doesn't take you to those legit sites, just some dodgy URL probably located in Russia.

I get one every Tuesday morning from "Apple" telling me that I've downloaded the TomTom UK app for £29.99 and have to follow a link to cancel the payment. Funny thing about it is that they send it to my uni email, which isn't associated to any Apple accounts.

I've just sent Donald Lgwarte from Nigeria a couple of hundred pound so he can pay administrative fees to claim his familys fortune, which he will return ten-fold once he does. These emails give you great opportunity sometimes

I've just sent Donald Lgwarte from Nigeria a couple of hundred pound so he can pay administrative fees to claim his familys fortune, which he will return ten-fold once he does. These emails give you great opportunity sometimes

That'll be the $21,500,000 for you after you've paid for his mum's operation?

What amazes me is that there are people out there that actually fall for these scams. Beggars belief it really does. They must work however otherwise they wouldn't do it. It's like the Facebook Like/Share count scams. Makes you just want to slap people about the head a few times for being so bloody gullible.

Oooohh look, if I like and share I may win a new iPad..........NO YOU WON'T YOU TWONK!....sakes lol Really gets on my thruppennies.

I'm still waiting for my three course dinner with Richie Foran and Matt Harrold that I was promised by www.theshrimperzones.com when I donated £250 to help some bloke called Cracko with a new set of gnashers...... :angry:

What amazes me is that there are people out there that actually fall for these scams. Beggars belief it really does. They must work however otherwise they wouldn't do it. It's like the Facebook Like/Share count scams. Makes you just want to slap people about the head a few times for being so bloody gullible.

Oooohh look, if I like and share I may win a new iPad..........NO YOU WON'T YOU TWONK!....sakes lol Really gets on my thruppennies.

You may be wrong on that one, a girl I worked with is a facebook friend and she is always doing these things and the list of things she has won is very inpressive

"What amazes me is that there are people out there that actually fall for these scams. Beggars belief it really does. They must work however otherwise they wouldn't do it."

Sadly they do fall for them, not always old and/or vulnerable people. I know of someone who lost £20,000 to a "romance" scammer. she fell for his lies. Stupid? Ignorant? Naïve for sure.

APPLE NETFLIX SCAM

I have just received an e-mail allegedly from Apple informimg me I have subscribed to netflix - which I haven't. The 'cancel' link asks for all personal details (name, address, bank account detail, d.o.b.) which seemed a tad out of order (I thought they'd have these details already). I called Apple and they confirmed it's a 'phishing' scam. Apple assure me no payment has been made. The e-mail looks genuine enough apart from the amount; " ?35,99 " a month.

In future avoid even clicking on the link, it is possible for your computer to become infected with malware just from visiting a site.

I had a phone call last week telling me I'd qualified for an £8000 grant. The guy said he was sure I would want to claim my money.

I refused. I told him I was expecting £10000. We then got into an argument because he said it was the first time he had called me, and I said he called me the week before promising me £10000.

In the end he hung up on me...rude *******.

I've been getting loads recently from PayPal. Very convincing if someone of an elderly age see's it. (Ken and John that's you ****ed!)

Back