• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Southend United has always been a club where everyone pulls together.

Currently the Players are not listening to the Luggy

Tara fell out with Ron and left

The fans have had enough with the style of play and has started to get on players backs

Fans are starting to disappear and fast, I think Rotherham at Home was one of our worst friday night crowds for years and as for last night to only have just over 450 is awful when any other season being top of the league on such a short journey we would of taken over 1000.

I hope we do go up this season as if we are in league 2 next year I fear for us.

The support aspect is worrying but I think the current economic climate plays a part too.

England cannot sell a paltry 7,000 tickets for the opening game (or any game thus far) of Euro 2012. We took 250,000 to Germany in 2006 and 50,000 to Portugal for a Euro tournament. OK, Ukraine is a distance and expensive..but that has never been a problem in the past.

Current form is a part of the problem but football must wake up - the majority of people just cannot afford the shocking prices in tough, tough times!

The support aspect is worrying but I think the current economic climate plays a part too.

England cannot sell a paltry 7,000 tickets for the opening game (or any game thus far) of Euro 2012. We took 250,000 to Germany in 2006 and 50,000 to Portugal for a Euro tournament. OK, Ukraine is a distance and expensive..but that has never been a problem in the past.

Current form is a part of the problem but football must wake up - the majority of people just cannot afford the shocking prices in tough, tough times!

Agree with what your saying but last night the coach travel was £10 with £8 to get in, cheaper than a home game.

I actually got the guy on the gate confused and he ended paying me £2 to get in - Love that and so easy to do!!!!

Agree with what your saying but last night the coach travel was £10 with £8 to get in, cheaper than a home game.

I actually got the guy on the gate confused and he ended paying me £2 to get in - Love that and so easy to do!!!!

Fair point!! Shame the performance was not as good as the value!

To be honest, I do not agree that the club has ever "pulled together" ..for long. Southend United supporters have had issues with every chairman and board of directors in addition to a number of managers (apart from perhaps the brief period Frank Walton united everyone) since I started watching them. Whether it was under Bill Rubin, Anton Johnson (not chairman but ludicrously allowed to gain control..the lowest point), Vic Jobson ..or Mr Martin. Is the nature of the beast ..me thinks!

No offence but, if you nearly lost me with the thread title, you definitely lost me at the end of the first sentence.

Whatever manager, whatever chairman, whatever players, the fans have always had a range of opposing, often strongly opposing views. We're going up, we'll be lucky to stay up. Best passer in the league, can't pass water. The chairman's investing in taking us out of this league, yeah shame it's into the lower one. The madman in the team is the best we've had in years, nope he's a complete liability. Etc, etc, etc. The manager's taken us to our highest position and bloodied some Premier League noses, but er yeah that's cos of Eastwood so he's lucky.

Football seems to bring out the drama in people. Couple of wins, we're world beaters. Couple of defeats, it's all over, game set and match.

Bit of perspective needed. The football ain't great to watch but we're far from a club that's falling apart at the seams. And the fanbase is now what the fanbase has always been - ready to be entertained, even more ready to be disappointed. It's part of football. I remember loud elements of the Man Utd fanbase calling for Sir Alex's head after we put them out of the CC and they've had all the off the field shenanigans we've had. Football fans are rarely ever happy as a fully collective bunch.

unfortanatly the way we played you was still robbed! :whistling:

Currently the Players are not listening to the Luggy

Tara fell out with Ron and left

The fans have had enough with the style of play and has started to get on players backs

Fans are starting to disappear and fast, I think Rotherham at Home was one of our worst friday night crowds for years and as for last night to only have just over 450 is awful when any other season being top of the league on such a short journey we would of taken over 1000.

I hope we do go up this season as if we are in league 2 next year I fear for us.

Short journey? You're having a laugh, right? I got in at 1:30am having parted with the best part of £40 for the evening, train travel and entry included. Some of our fans work in the city and may have found it easier to get to, but for the majority the coach will have left too early for people to get time off work to travel. Plus it wasn't a 'cheap' game, it was an additional game after we all forked out to traipse over there on Boxing Day.

I've not logged on since pre-match yesterday and after listening to the thoughts and comments of the BBC Essex guys during the game i guessed we were having a stinker so resisted any temptation to log on again until now

Why ??

Because i KNEW what i'd face .. moaning, groaning, backstabbing, infighting

I didn't expect a dozen threads and 500+ posts about it mind .. so we lost a game, jeez man the lifeboats, women and children first ....

I've not logged on since pre-match yesterday and after listening to the thoughts and comments of the BBC Essex guys during the game i guessed we were having a stinker so resisted any temptation to log on again until now

Why ??

Because i KNEW what i'd face .. moaning, groaning, backstabbing, infighting

I didn't expect a dozen threads and 500+ posts about it mind .. so we lost a game, jeez man the lifeboats, women and children first ....

It not the fact that we lost the game, it's the manner in which we have lost. If we put in a shift and get beat by a better side then that's fair enough. However, too often recently there have been performances that are gutless and lazy, with neither the zest nor the will to win! This is unacceptable and the thing than angers people the most. Aldershot wanted to win the game more than us and they have nothing to play for! Our team is supposed to be fighting for the league title and promotion. This should be all the motivation the players need! It's about time the players showed us some desire and passion! Are they up for this promotion fight or not?

wow drama queen or what lol if it wasnt for this board southend is no different to ever in my eyes

Fair point!! Shame the performance was not as good as the value!

To be honest, I do not agree that the club has ever "pulled together" ..for long. Southend United supporters have had issues with every chairman and board of directors in addition to a number of managers (apart from perhaps the brief period Frank Walton united everyone) since I started watching them. Whether it was under Bill Rubin, Anton Johnson (not chairman but ludicrously allowed to gain control..the lowest point), Vic Jobson ..or Mr Martin. Is the nature of the beast ..me thinks!
I agree, there have been moments when everyone has pulled together but there has always been a dissatisfied element at Roots Hall. As H mentioned the other day, back in the 60s/70s dissatisfaction was shown by the pelting of anyone foolish enough to hang about on the pitch at the end of a game by the seat cushions you used to hire! I think that just because in recent times there have been more games to unite us (the games against Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and Donny away in the play offs automatically spring to mind), people tend to forget the poor performances that went alongside.

As Brettie Angell said similarly elsewhere, we are Southend United, we don't do things the easy way. Southend supporters will ever be the same though I fear.

The club got ripped apart a few seasons ago and have never really fully recovered since and i cannot see it happening even if we were to get promoted.

Currently the Players are not listening to the Luggy Where's the facts behind this?

Tara fell out with Ron and left Where's the facts behind this?

The fans have had enough with the style of play and has started to get on players backs Where's the facts behind this?

Fans are starting to disappear and fast, I think Rotherham at Home was one of our worst friday night crowds for years and as for last night to only have just over 450 is awful when any other season being top of the league on such a short journey we would of taken over 1000. - Freezing temps for the Rotherham game and a Tuesday night re-arranged game would never have mustered 1000+

I hope we do go up this season as if we are in league 2 next year I fear for us - I fear for the club having fans as pesamistic as you.

Get behind the Blues!

Blueblood Lee if your feeling like this now how do you think it'll be on here if we fail to go up?

Back