• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jonny_Stokes

Sir Jonny Of Promotionshire
Hello folks,

Just popped in to congratulate you on the rather cracking run of form that you've been on recently. Can't say that I was expecting it in the slightest (though I suspect that only the most optimistic of Shrimpers would have dreamed you'd be topping the table at this stage!), but fair play to y'all. I know how much fun it is to top a table, so enjoy it while it lasts!  
smile.gif

Was hoping to pop down to Roots Hall next season (and pick up another comedy 3 points), but if you carry on like this then there's not much chance of that!
wink.gif

Trust this message finds you all well,

J_S

Cheers Jonny.

Though I thought we would hold our own at this level, I'm delighted and somewhat surprised as to how we are performing at the moment. Long may it last!!

I see the Os are doing ok at the moment too. How's my mate Matty Lockwood performing at the mo?

Gav

smile.gif
 Well I haven't got you in my league table accumulator, so sod off and take a playoff spot will ya?
wink.gif

And yep Mr McGavin, we're doing ok. We haven't played anywhere near as well as we did at this stage last season, but seem to have a point more, if not the top slot. The boy Easton in midfield is different class and our cracking youth team policy is finally really starting to pay off.
cool.gif
 We look top 7, but probably not top 3.

You'd be surprised how little it seemed to come down to talent and how much it seemed to come down to bottle last season. Teams start dropping points everywhere.

And Easton is quality. I've rated him for a while and I'm surprised he's not playing higher.

Right, that's my little bit of grace in triumph done.

biggrin.gif

Back