• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neville Southall

HUMBLEPIE

First XI⭐
Watching the Canvey game on tv yesterday...was surprised to see Big Nev is now their goalkeepng coach he was mentioned along with Peter Shilton and Phil Parkes who were at the game as spectators....does he now live on the island ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 24 2004,11:51)]Watching the Canvey game on tv yesterday...was surprised to see Big Nev is now their goalkeepng coach he was mentioned along with Peter Shilton and Phil Parkes who were at the game as spectators....does he now live on the island ?
That much more weight would sink it!! I hope he lives there!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet boy @ May 24 2004,19:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 24 2004,11:51)]Watching the Canvey game on tv yesterday...was surprised to see Big Nev is now their goalkeepng coach he was mentioned along with Peter Shilton and Phil Parkes who were at the game as spectators....does he now live on the island ?
That much more weight would sink it!! I hope he lives there!  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
I like that.

But Nev, on his day, was as good as any goalie. Let's not forget!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 25 2004,09:47)]But Nev, on his day, was as good as any goalie. Let's not forget!
Indeed he was... perhaps one of the top 5 keepers in the world at his peak.

However, it is unfortunate that "his day" was a good 5-6 years prior to him ever setting foot in Roots Hall...

ghostface.gif

Matt

Neville Southall showed his amazing talent and determination at the LDV final - the way he saved those penalties from the 5 year olds was incredible!
biggrin.gif

I don't want to start off a "hate Flahavan campaign" as I actually like him but is it saying something that in the LDV programme, in the interview with Flahavan, he says that "the keeper I looked up to most of all was Neville Southall"
biggrin.gif

And please no jokes about the "looking up" aspect of his comment!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Notts Shrimper @ May 26 2004,23:19)]Neville Southall showed his amazing talent and determination at the LDV final - the way he saved those penalties from the 5 year olds was incredible!
biggrin.gif
still let one in the fat taff

Neville Roach! It has been a long time since his Lordship was mentioned. Since he ran with the kangeroos down under.
How has his career been with ******** Town. I forget which club. The Legend needs a new story

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 25 2004,23:45)]Neville Roach!   It has been a long time since his Lordship was mentioned.  Since he ran with the kangeroos down under.
How has his career been with ******** Town.  I forget which club.  The Legend needs a new story
Living in Reading now
wink.gif

My Brother in Law has his phone number [god knows why?] and stays in touch. Not too sure what club he's with presently, but if anyone's that keen, I could find out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ June 29 2004,08:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 25 2004,23:45)]Neville Roach!   It has been a long time since his Lordship was mentioned.  Since he ran with the kangeroos down under.
How has his career been with ******** Town.  I forget which club.  The Legend needs a new story
Living in Reading now  
wink.gif

My Brother in Law has his phone number [god knows why?] and stays in touch.
How about conducting an interview for SZ?

email me on napster@shrimperzone.com

Back