• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New 3rd Kit Released

Personally I flipping well LOVE IT!
Definitely gonna get one a d it would be even better if they done a female cut too

'Real sensitivity'? OK, fine with me.
FYI, check the Cambridge Dictionary definition of 'poncy'.
poncy
[ˈpɒnsi]

ADJECTIVE
BRITISH
informal
  1. pretentious or affected:
    "a poncy wine bar"
    synonyms:
    pretentious · high-flown · ostentatious · pompous · grandiose · over-elaborate · overblown · overripe · overworked · overdone · contrived · forced · laboured · strained · stiff · posed · stagy · studied · mannered · hollow · insincere ·

poncy
[ˈpɒnsi]

ADJECTIVE
BRITISH
informal
  1. pretentious or affected:
    "a poncy wine bar"
    synonyms:
    pretentious · high-flown · ostentatious · pompous · grandiose · over-elaborate · overblown · overripe · overworked · overdone · contrived · forced · laboured · strained · stiff · posed · stagy · studied · mannered · hollow · insincere ·
I thought you might miss some of the definition..."an insulting way of describing something that is not traditionally male, especially in behaviour, appearance, or speech" - or were you looking at something else?

I thought you might miss some of the definition..."an insulting way of describing something that is not traditionally male, especially in behaviour, appearance, or speech" - or were you looking at something else?
I just copied and pasted the chunk that came up when I googled it. So I reckon I was looking at another reputable dictionary definition. At the end of the day I've never considered ponsy to relate to 'not traditionally male' when I've used the word.

I just copied and pasted the chunk that came up when I googled it. So I reckon I was looking at another reputable dictionary definition. At the end of the day I've never considered ponsy to relate to 'not traditionally male' when I've used the word.
I can't speak for others, but have always read it thus:
Note: I said certain posts were 'inching' towards that idea, perhaps?
Because it's a word with two meanings, maybe, it's the kind of word to avoid for fear of misconstruing?

I can't speak for others, but have always read it thus:
Note: I said certain posts were 'inching' towards that idea, perhaps?
Because it's a word with two meanings, maybe, it's the kind of word to avoid for fear of misconstruing?
You may be right. So in the spirit of not taking this thread any further down a definitions route I will stop calling anything ponsy in future.

In what fixture would we need a third kit? Or is this the 'winter' second kit so we don't clash with the ball?!

In what fixture would we need a third kit? Or is this the 'winter' second kit so we don't clash with the ball?!
I'm assuming it would be worn when the opposition have both blue and yellow in their shirts/shorts? Failing that, it's another revenue feed for the club via Macron, but surely that couldn't be the main reason......could it?

There are a hell of a lot of words with multiple meanings - would be very hard to construct a sentence if we avoided them all!

People understanding that words have multiple meanings and are not always intended to default to the offensive use is probably the best way of moving forwards.

I'm assuming it would be worn when the opposition have both blue and yellow in their shirts/shorts? Failing that, it's another revenue feed for the club via Macron, but surely that couldn't be the main reason......could it?
I have no doubt regarding the revenue aspect. :-)
Sorry - my question should have been... Is there a National League 22/23 home kit that's blue with enough yellow, or vice versa, that would require us to need a third kit?

One would imagine, the users of the word ‘poncy’ would also shout.. ‘you play like a Jessie/big girls blouse’.. or maybe not?

I have no doubt regarding the revenue aspect. :-)
Sorry - my question should have been... Is there a National League 22/23 home kit that's blue with enough yellow, or vice versa, that would require us to need a third kit?
The stuff you can find on Google scares the ****e out of me at times. I reckon this meets your need on checking out home shirts. The second part is subjective probably.

Back