• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New 3rd Kit Released

If it's true, that only 20 shirts of each size were delivery to the shop then that is really poor for a club with the fan base we have.
Just glad me and my partner got to the shop early enough to get ours. It's a really nice shirt.
I know what you mean, but of all the shirts released, this one seems to be the most "marmite". Reading the comments on here, it's either the best shirt ever or the worst... and the club wouldn't have known the reaction in advance.

20 of each size gives them a decent sample selection without too much outlay and they can now move forward with proper orders without risking too much wastage either.

Just been in the club shop and they reckon will be around mid November as bespoke kits tak about 2 months
Ironically there's nothing bespoke about our kit at all. At least one team last season used the same kit and I've seen at least two other teams this season using the same kit. The whole bespoke thing is a load of rubbish.

It does make you wonder though how what's happening now isn't unusual for us, it was typical of nike most years. Whether they be no medium sizes for the first few months of the season or whether there was simply no kits for a few months. Just seems like business suicide to me and I struggle to understand why other smaller/bigger sides manage it fine but we always have problems. Seems like a missed trick to me.

That being said, we're talking about a club who seem to let 3rd parties get away with murder, remember the season ticket printer being broken for a year. :Hilarious:

Ironically there's nothing bespoke about our kit at all. At least one team last season used the same kit and I've seen at least two other teams this season using the same kit. The whole bespoke thing is a load of rubbish.

It does make you wonder though how what's happening now isn't unusual for us, it was typical of nike most years. Whether they be no medium sizes for the first few months of the season or whether there was simply no kits for a few months. Just seems like business suicide to me and I struggle to understand why other smaller/bigger sides manage it fine but we always have problems. Seems like a missed trick to me.

That being said, we're talking about a club who seem to let 3rd parties get away with murder, remember the season ticket printer being broken for a year. :Hilarious:
It’s not just our club though is it. This article says Stockport are having to wait until the end of November before home kits are available.

In fairness, do you know that other sides don't also have issues? Maybe we only see it with our club because that's the only one we interact with.

What other sides out of interest are using this kit?

Yep these kits are definitely not bespoke, I have seen this shirt in different colours all over the leagues now.

Standard template different colours.

That being the template

Last edited:
Yep these kits are definitely not bespoke, I have seen this shirt in different colours all over the leagues now.

Standard template different colours.

That being the template

All of the kits in your link use the same design (single colour with thin horizontal lines), that's very different to the designs on our kits.

The delay to further kits is more likely caused by them being made in China, with big shipping distance and timescale.

I really hope they get stock throughout the season. Its fine if it is in small batches but I am a collector of all our kits like many others, and don't want to miss out on another one. I have not got last seasons yellow 3rd kit as it ran out in something stupid like February!!

There are literally only a handful of shirts i'm missing going back to the late 80's.

I really hope they get stock throughout the season. Its fine if it is in small batches but I am a collector of all our kits like many others, and don't want to miss out on another one. I have not got last seasons yellow 3rd kit as it ran out in something stupid like February!!

There are literally only a handful of shirts i'm missing going back to the late 80's.

But have you got the Holy Grail, which is of course Roycey’s kit from the 95-96 season?

Evidence, please

Back