• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New 3rd Kit Released

I wonder how secure the Macron deal is?

We all thought the Hummel deal was sound. That went well.

Do you think

That the lack of new stock is due to us not affording to pay for the new stock, we owe for the old stock, aka same situation as Hummel?

Cash flow issues

Or could it be supply chain issues from a European company that manufacture in China that most other clubs seem to be having?

Thought the club shop was totally outsourced to Macron hence we don't have to pony up for stock and only get the profits on a quarterly basis? Or isn't that correct?

Or could it be supply chain issues from a European company that manufacture in China that most other clubs seem to be having?

Thought the club shop was totally outsourced to Macron hence we don't have to pony up for stock and only get the profits on a quarterly basis? Or isn't that correct?
They said the same about Hummel though

And we all know what happened there

We have 3 bespoke shirts (despite some people still not understanding what bespoke actually means).

It takes about 3/4 months to manufacture a bespoke shirt. It's obviously not just sitting there on a shelf waiting for us to place an order to Macron HQ.

With bespoke shirts the club will have to place a pre order (forecast) on certain quantities they believe we will sell.

50 pieces is usually the minimum requirement for a pre order.

I know for a fact we only received a drop of 50 pink shirts.

At a guess, maybe 250 home shirts, 200 away, as I say, that's a rough guess.

But it's sold.

So now we go back into production for a new drop, with the minimum quantities required and this process will take some months to re-manufacture.

That's before we even talk about global delays in shipping still being caused by Covid and Brexit issues.

At what point do the economics of shirt/kit manufacturers in the UK , and sponsorship reach a balance that makes UK produced item viable?
And would not such an item, with a Union flag adorning it have a great cache?
I believe New Balance gear is UK made?

Last edited:
We have 3 bespoke shirts (despite some people still not understanding what bespoke actually means).

It takes about 3/4 months to manufacture a bespoke shirt. It's obviously not just sitting there on a shelf waiting for us to place an order to Macron HQ.

With bespoke shirts the club will have to place a pre order (forecast) on certain quantities they believe we will sell.

50 pieces is usually the minimum requirement for a pre order.

I know for a fact we only received a drop of 50 pink shirts.

At a guess, maybe 250 home shirts, 200 away, as I say, that's a rough guess.

But it's sold.

So now we go back into production for a new drop, with the minimum quantities required and this process will take some months to re-manufacture.

That's before we even talk about global delays in shipping still being caused by Covid and Brexit issues.

Yeah, yeah, but what do YOU know about football and other kit supply lines that are cross border and are original to each club???

(He works where? Really? Oh ta).

As you were...

At what point do the economics of shirt/kit manufacturers in the UK , and sponsorship reach a balance that makes UK produced item viable?
And would not such an item, with a Union flag adorning it have a great cache?
I believe New Balance year is UK made?

It's probably already viable at 40 quid, but why would they?

Do we?

Obviously the relationship was terminated - but do we know why?
It was never publicly announced, but there was a Club statement

I would imagine that finances featured in that statement somewhere, but we will never know, so we might as well assume that we shafted them, after all this is ShrimperZone, land of rumour, fact and total bollocks.

Back