• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New All At Sea podcast

Liam AAS

Apprentice kit man⭐
As if there hasn't been enough misery this year you are now welcome to listen to 90mins of Jai, @Lord Football and I being extremely glum and pessimistic. Not the best sales pitch in the world but I'd be stunned if anyone was expecting sunshine and rainbows.

Kerry a fantastic person to talk to as we discussed his Copa90 video, SaveOurSouthend, the misadventures of Uncle Ron and next season in the football conference.

Just finished. Spot on about next season. I worry that Ron has absolutely no idea what the National League means for the club. I hadn't thought about the prospect on Ron gambling on there being 4 worse teams than us again. Without change I honestly fear for us

Just finished. Spot on about next season. I worry that Ron has absolutely no idea what the National League means for the club. I hadn't thought about the prospect on Ron gambling on there being 4 worse teams than us again. Without change I honestly fear for us

That has been the plan for the last two seasons.

As if there hasn't been enough misery this year you are now welcome to listen to 90mins of Jai, @Lord Football and I being extremely glum and pessimistic. Not the best sales pitch in the world but I'd be stunned if anyone was expecting sunshine and rainbows.

Kerry a fantastic person to talk to as we discussed his Copa90 video, SaveOurSouthend, the misadventures of Uncle Ron and next season in the football conference.

Thank for you the invite. I had great fun doing that.

Mrs LF listened to it "it is refreshing to listen to three people talk intelligently about football" was her feedback.

Very good discussion guys and almost as if you were reading out loud everything I have been thinking in all the details you covered. I guess there are many of us sharing the same thoughts.

In my opinion we have to get are house in order early to have any chance of going straight back up! Ceo, manager, head of recruitment, new players. if these components aren't in place I fear another hard season...... top half of the national league is in par with league 2, so we could end up getting swallowed up very quickly!

Having all components in place is key for us next season.

Thanks guys, enjoyed listening to that in gym this morning. Quite therapeutic in a way. Helping me come to terms with everything and comforting that there are a lot of fans on the same page now. Probably mad.. but that gives me a shred of optimism for our future UTB

Is there any way to listen to this on spotify? Your podcast is on there but the last episode is from January with Spencer Prior as guest

Ah, i see the problem, wrong podcast. So many podcasts, so little time. I'm unable to log onto aas-fanzine.co.uk through work (Took me ages to get a contact within IT to open up ShrimperZone for me :Smile:)

One to listen to whilst not working I suppose

Is there any way to listen to this on spotify? Your podcast is on there but the last episode is from January with Spencer Prior as guest

Not yet but (I always say this) we are looking into it as I realise how much easier that makes it for most.

An excellent listen chaps. Some fantastic points well made. Let's hope Ron gives it a listen. He'll learn an awful lot from it.

Great listen. Everything that was said is bang on and we absolutely are in for a shock next season on the level, if not worse, than the Harrogate 4-0 shock opening day!

I saw the Grimsby statement yesterday where they acknowledged the failing of this season, explained why certain things happened and looked positively to rebuilding next year.

Meanwhile I couldn't tell you who in on our board besides the two-bob Dutch Bill Bowerman and a Chairman who proudly told us he once spoke to Mick McCarthy.

I really enjoyed listening to the podcast. Some excellent points made especially regarding next season.
Out of interest what is the documentary mentioned at the beginning?

Excellent podcast well worth a listen. Managed to get my contact in IT to allow access to aas-fanzine.co.uk and listen to the while podcast whilst at work (God I love working from home)

Some great points in there and also a nice explanation and the aims of SOS from @Lord Football.

Back