• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
As my bathroom is looking a little worse for wear, and at the weekend one of Mrs Mk's perfume bottles fell off the bathroom cabinet and smashed a great big crack in the sink, has anyone got any idea how much it is to fit a new one? Don't need a khazi as that's in a seperate room.

If you are replacing like for like in the same position its not too difficult to do it yourself which saves a lot of money obviously.

Just Mastic over the crack if your wife complains point put that she was the one that broke it.

Days work so anything from 3 to 500 big ones for labour,but im sure crocko will do it cheap on the black.

Seems too much for me if your talking labour. Make sure you provide the sink, even if the plumber shows you the catalogue they are often produced for the plumbers so you think your getting cost when in reality your not.

Couple of hundred absolute top whack for labour it's not a big job.

Depends on size. I got quote on 3m x 2.5m recently. Gut, fit, retile and floor plus towel rail and extractor fan and new door for £2400. Told it was 8 day job for one guy. I got to get another quote as I thought this was high. Another quote was £3k. The old man reckons about £2k which is about my limit.

Paul, even the old man managed to do this job on his own, unaided, in a day so it really can't be too difficult a job - and that was with a pedestal too. If you're just talking the sink at the top then my best advice would be to go to an independent and they'll probably give you advice foc anyway.

Thanks guys & gals, due to impending nursery bills, I can't see a new bathroom happening, so I'm going to put a call into mate who hopefully will help me change the sink unit. It'd be handy if I could find the one that I'm replacing, but as it's (probably) 20 years old the design has long gone.

Back