• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New battle of the film directors.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Regarding my other thought about Battle of the Directors what with people (shamefully) not having seen any Coen Brother's films, criticising Wes Anderson and Blade Runner, I suggest that this is limited to directors of films of the last 30 years...counting out sure fire winner Alfie Hitch.

Ok, bit like counting Sarah Beeny out of the Totty Cup, but I think it'll make it more interesting?

Quite happy to run it, so if people want to start nominations? And remember, HAS to have directed a film that was released from 1979 onwards.

Hhmm, tough choice between Michael Bay, Quentin Tarantino, James Cameron, and of course Martin Scorsese. Tough choice.

But i think i'll have to go for..............Tarantino

sorry, it was a cheap dig. Requiem for a Dream and Pi are worth a(nother) watch. I'm a big fan of The Fountain personally

Loved Pi, didn't like Requim, and Fountain was very interesting if a bit confused.

Fatshrimp: Speilberg.
GB Jnr: Tarantino.
Pubey: Aranofsky.
MK: Coen brothers.

C'mon on film heads!

Last edited:
Think i'll steer clear of this, if a film is good its good .. no matter who its written by, produced by directed by etc ...

Its what unfolds ON the screen that counts, not what happens the other side of the camera

Think i'll steer clear of this, if a film is good its good .. no matter who its written by, produced by directed by etc ...

Its what unfolds ON the screen that counts, not what happens the other side of the camera

Yes but donut boy, the person BEHIND the camera directs the action ON the screen.

Back