• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New business thread.

I know he still writes a regular column for El Pais (I was reading it yesterday).But is he still actually managing anywhere these days? Last I heard (and that was a few years ago now) he was managing some team in Israel.

Edit I see from wiki that he's currently in China."On 8 August 2018, Cruyff was appointed as the manager of Chinese Super League side Chongqing Dangdai Lifan."
Edit.He's one of the admin.staff at Barça these days.

Dutch Fries, Southend High Street.

I have walked past this about ten lunchtimes and never seen anyone purchasing food.

There is a similar Belgian place in Brighton which does a roaring trade but I don't think Essex man/woman is ready for chips with mayonnaise based sauces. Especially Brexit voting pensioners which appear to make up a lot of passing trade during the week.

I can't see them making it but hope I am wrong.

For sure.

Update - saw a queue of three people on my way back down the high street.
Yes been to the place in Brighton during a stag do during the last World Cup.

Good chips but what really makes it is the sheer number of toppings/sauces that you can have!

Charcoal Flair - Alexandra Street.

It's not a great time to be opening a new restaurant. That said maybe a halal BBQ joint that doesn't serve alcohol (although I will be amazed if a licence hasn't been applied for) will do well.
Went to an alcohol free Greek restaurant in Belfast in the summer (wife's choice,TBF don't think she knew)). Food was good but it was still rather a novel experience to be drinking just water with a meal.

My Greek friends would be Malaka this and Malaka that if i told them there was an alcohol free Greek restaurant in the UK
Not really sure that Belfast really qualifies as being in th UK ! :Winking: But it was a fairly new place (on the South side -in a student area so I'm sure they've applied for (and hopefuly got a licence by now)! The coffeee Greek/Turkish -no decaff-was memorable too.

Three Swords - Queens Road, Southend

Craft beer and street food.

My feeling is they are entering a crowded marketplace at a time where people are feeling the pinch and spending less on premium products.

I hope it is decent and does well. Southend needs more independent places and Queens Road seems to be leading the way.
RIP Three Swords.

IMO the venue was too small and there was no atmosphere.

Another mobile phone accessory shop has opened up on Southend High Street.

There must be at least ten now - how do they remain in business or are they just fronts for selling disposable vapes?

They are exactly the same as the sweet shops in Oxford Street etc, money laundering for criminals....
I knew it. I like confectionery as much as the next person but I always suspected that was the reason. That M&M store in London is massive. I knew it was a front for something

Back