• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New business thread.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Dutch Fries, Southend High Street.

I have walked past this about ten lunchtimes and never seen anyone purchasing food.

There is a similar Belgian place in Brighton which does a roaring trade but I don't think Essex man/woman is ready for chips with mayonnaise based sauces. Especially Brexit voting pensioners which appear to make up a lot of passing trade during the week.

I can't see them making it but hope I am wrong.

For sure.

Update - saw a queue of three people on my way back down the high street.

Last edited:
Over the last week I have seen a few people eating cones of chips so maybe they will make it.

Acorn vegan pie and mash shop, Leigh.

Located in the old Oscars premesis on Leigh Hill this is the ideal location for a Leigh business with lots of narrow streets and double yellow lines to park ones leased Range Rover Sport with a cavalier disregard for parking regulations and other people.

Leigh is full of places to eat but most are crap so I hope this place does well.

I like a pie, and as a recent convert to (sort of) vegitarianism that sounds appetising. So the next time i'm in Leigh, I'll check it out. Which is never.

It's irrelevant.

Most Leigh establishments will only serve you if you look like Joey Essex or Glenn Tamplin.

Craftwerk Beers, Alexandra Street
So Southend town centre finally gets a craft beer bar. Very nicely done out, nice people running it, and although they don't have a huge number of taps, the fridge certainly makes up for it. A welcome addition to the growing local craft scene.

Craftwerk Beers, Alexandra Street
So Southend town centre finally gets a craft beer bar. Very nicely done out, nice people running it, and although they don't have a huge number of taps, the fridge certainly makes up for it. A welcome addition to the growing local craft scene.

It's a great place and the owners seemed to have pitched it at the right crowd.

Another craft beer place in Hamlet Court Road called Mile And A Third is imminent.

Let's hope it is also up to scratch.

It's a great place and the owners seemed to have pitched it at the right crowd.

Another craft beer place in Hamlet Court Road called Mile And A Third is imminent.

Let's hope it is also up to scratch.
Indeed. And yes, saw there was a new one coming on HCR - the more the merrier!

Good friend of mine’s son has a business in Leigh called Ru’s Bubble Waffles. If you haven’t already give them a try! They’re outstanding!

https://www.ruswaffles.com/

Mile and a third. Hamlet Court Road.

Decent beer, decent prices and just scruffy enough to keep the ponces out. Definitely playing catchup with West Road Tap and Craftwerk but it is early days.

Complimentary Bristows hairspray in the toilets is a nice touch.

Last edited:
Mile and a third. Hamlet Court Road.

Decent beer, decent prices and just scruffy enough to keep the ponces out. Definitely playing catchup with West Road Tap and Craftwerk but it is early days.

Complimentary Bristows hairspray in the toilets is a nice touch.
I'm hoping to pop in tomorrow, so they won't be keeping all the ponces out...

Dutch Fries - RIP.

I just hope this bold yet doomed continental experiment is not a prescient metaphor for our imminent managerial appointment.

Dutch Fries - RIP.

I just hope this bold yet doomed continental experiment is not a prescient metaphor for our imminent managerial appointment.

I didn't think we were in the running for Dennis Bergkamp or Jordi Cryuff....

I didn't think we were in the running for Dennis Bergkamp or Jordi Cryuff....

I know he still writes a regular column for El Pais (I was reading it yesterday).But is he still actually managing anywhere these days? Last I heard (and that was a few years ago now) he was managing some team in Israel.

Edit I see from wiki that he's currently in China."On 8 August 2018, Cruyff was appointed as the manager of Chinese Super League side Chongqing Dangdai Lifan."

Last edited:
Back