• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Catering at Roots Hall

Streaky

Manager⭐
Just seen on OS that a new catering firm have taken over the bars, restaurants and foor outlets at RH.

Good step, to get a professional organisation in.

Anyone tasted their work at any of the grounds thay cater for already - Forest, Oldham, etc....

Good move i think.

Just seen on OS that a new catering firm have taken over the bars, restaurants and foor outlets at RH.

Good step, to get a professional organisation in.

Anyone tasted their work at any of the grounds thay cater for already - Forest, Oldham, etc....

Good move i think.

It'll still smell like ****.

hopefully won't be finding any unidentified 'crunchy' bits in the burgers any more..!! :s

GK in admitting he's been wrong all along but not actually specifically laying the blame at anybody within SUFC shocker...

From memory, food at Oldham was pretty much standard stadium fayre, nothing special, although does this mean we might now get Chicken Balti* pies?

* - Roots Hall may have sold Chicken Balti pies for the past 12 years for all I know, I've not bought any food from SUFC since about 1994.

From what i can remember from Oldham, they did the burger/hot dog/pie and a bottle of beer deal, cant see this happening at RH though

GK in admitting he's been wrong all along but not actually specifically laying the blame at anybody within SUFC shocker...

From memory, food at Oldham was pretty much standard stadium fayre, nothing special, although does this mean we might now get Chicken Balti* pies?

* - Roots Hall may have sold Chicken Balti pies for the past 12 years for all I know, I've not bought any food from SUFC since about 1994.

Out of sheer desperation I had a hot dog recently :puke

Lets face it, can't get any worse!

any reason miss marple?

They could not do it in the west because both food outlets are in the stands and Alcohol is not allowed to be consumed

In the east people would be blocking the entrances if they were drinking by the food outlets.

Only possible place would be the food outlet in the south east corner

If its edible and doesnt have you sh*tting through the eye of a needle after, it will be an improvement.

The food at Roots Hall is a disgrace (and not to mention overpriced) and I have not purchased anything at RH for years now. At least the club have recognised the fact that it is so poor and done something about it but it is going to have improved out of all recognition for me to abandon the Fish House or various other cafes in the vicinity to ever buy anything in the ground ever again.

Last edited:
Looks like they will be asking customers what they want. "Our initial aim is to review the current operation and understand customer needs before developing new offers and concepts for next season." That will be a good starting point.
I have to say I've not eaten at RH for as long as I can remember. The whole set up just looks grubby and unappetizing.

Looks like they will be asking customers what they want. "Our initial aim is to review the current operation and understand customer needs before developing new offers and concepts for next season."

In which case I want everything prepared and cooked by this year's "The Apprentice" candidates. Hair Salad, Doorstep Tomato Canapes and Chicken-Free Chicken Wraps. Yum.

"We've had a health and safety risk over there."

Last edited:
I must admit I didn't read the article thoroughly but when I saw it, I assumed it meant the corporate side of things, which I've been impressed with the couple of times we've had it, are we sure it means the kiosks?

Looks like they will be asking customers what they want. "Our initial aim is to review the current operation and understand customer needs before developing new offers and concepts for next season." That will be a good starting point.
I have to say I've not eaten at RH for as long as I can remember. The whole set up just looks grubby and unappetizing.

Also will the people serving the stuff please try and smile once in a while.

they sold Chicken Balti pies at the last home game, first time i've seen them at RH ever

Back