• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New CEO?

palexander

Life President
So where is this CEO Ron 'identified' and would bring in - is he literally waiting for us to stop losing before the big unveiling? Will be a long wait.

God this club is a mess.

The club are down to the bare bones. The club can't afford a CEO. Some people at the club are filling in and basically doing two jobs. It wasn't long ago that the club couldn't afford to run and open the training ground and Boots & Laces. If and when Ron gets the big cash injection from developers, then obviously the tax bill will be paid, other monies owed will hopefully be paid, and if enough left in the pot, we may get the CEO Ron has in mind. Until then, no chance. This club runs at a big loss each month, made worse by the current climate.

I was under the impression a CEO wouldn't be brought in until the development was at least underway. I'm sure that was what Ron had said in response to a direct question at some time or another - possibly at a Trust Q&A.

I was under the impression a CEO wouldn't be brought in until the development was at least underway. I'm sure that was what Ron had said in response to a direct question at some time or another - possibly at a Trust Q&A.

Yes, Ron knows that if the devepoment is under way, then he can call on huge ammounts of cash one way or another, and he can then afford the CEO. But with the tax bill needing to be paid to save the club and his pot of gold, I expect him to go the big advance route with the developers, meaning he could get the CEO earlier, if he wishes, and if there's enough money available.

The club are down to the bare bones. The club can't afford a CEO. Some people at the club are filling in and basically doing two jobs. It wasn't long ago that the club couldn't afford to run and open the training ground and Boots & Laces. If and when Ron gets the big cash injection from developers, then obviously the tax bill will be paid, other monies owed will hopefully be paid, and if enough left in the pot, we may get the CEO Ron has in mind. Until then, no chance. This club runs at a big loss each month, made worse by the current climate.
Can we afford NOT to have a CEO?

If the club had been managed properly over the last few years then a CEO would already have been in place and most probably we wouldn’t be in such a horrendous situation we presently find ourselves,

I wouldn't be surprised to just see his son appointed CEO. Seems to be getting more involved.

You think that the courts and or the taxman will let things go on that long ?

Had the taxman pushed matters then it was highly likely that last Wednesday hearing would have been curtains. The course of action saving settlement in full is now totally outside the clubs control

I keep banging on about it but part of the adjournment agreement was that all outstanding returns had to be completed and with that there will undoubtedly be significant sums shown to be overdue and payable.

People see this development money as an ever giving money tree!! The debts nearly killing the club are historic ones, in the meantime new tax liabilities will be mounting up as well as other debts, the current deferral of new tax debts is just temporarily postponing them, they will be called in when HMRC needs them!!! Then Ron will a chunk of the development money to pay off at least the majority of debt owed to him that’s why he’s sticking with this. Then there’s a stadium to be built and maintained. Not so sure all this is going to make the actual football club cash rich as some think

People see this development money as an ever giving money tree!! The debts nearly killing the club are historic ones, in the meantime new tax liabilities will be mounting up as well as other debts, the current deferral of new tax debts is just temporarily postponing them, they will be called in when HMRC needs them!!! Then Ron will a chunk of the development money to pay off at least the majority of debt owed to him that’s why he’s sticking with this. Then there’s a stadium to be built and maintained. Not so sure all this is going to make the actual football club cash rich as some think

The real irony is that the selling of season cards will include 20% in respect of VAT. That VAT will be payable even if Cardnet are holding onto all the money.

You think that the courts and or the taxman will let things go on that long ?

Had the taxman pushed matters then it was highly likely that last Wednesday hearing would have been curtains. The course of action saving settlement in full is now totally outside the clubs control

I keep banging on about it but part of the adjournment agreement was that all outstanding returns had to be completed and with that there will undoubtedly be significant sums shown to be overdue and payable.
The total debt figure and upcoming payments like you say will be a true reflection of our situation. To just concentrate on the HMRC figure is wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised to just see his son appointed CEO. Seems to be getting more involved.
I was thinking exactly the same as this. I think Ron said previously "It wouldn't be fair to appoint him at present" which made me think Martin Jnr

There won’t be huge amounts of new VAT building up as we’ve had no VAT-generating income (aside from the season card money obviously). Plus we’ll have been spending out on background costs on which we’ll have paid VAT, which as with any VAT registered business we’ll claim back, so the difference won’t be huge. The historical VAT debt is the big one we need to clear,

There won’t be huge amounts of new VAT building up as we’ve had no VAT-generating income (aside from the season card money obviously). Plus we’ll have been spending out on background costs on which we’ll have paid VAT, which as with any VAT registered business we’ll claim back, so the difference won’t be huge. The historical VAT debt is the big one we need to clear,

Input and outputs are part of everyday VAT accounting.

Its hard to know just what the situation is with regards to solidarity payments and indeed league sponsorship monies but that is paid gross, then you have sponsorship monies that again will have be paid gross.
The point I was making about Cardnet is that is a double whammy in that if say there has indeed been £500k then £80k of that is VAT and that will have to be included on any return.

Back