• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New CEO?

For what's it's worth, the Gillingham CEO apparently may not be in favour there any more. I've witnessed what he's achieved and how the place is run. He gave up a good job to take on a full time CEO role there partly through personal contacts there and because he loves football. The thing is, he's a die hard long time southend fan and would be so good for SUFC. But I wouldn't wish it upon him as he does not deserve how he would be treated by RM. But if ever we become a professional outfit again I'd love to see him in the role.

For what's it's worth, the Gillingham CEO apparently may not be in favour there any more. I've witnessed what he's achieved and how the place is run. He gave up a good job to take on a full time CEO role there partly through personal contacts there and because he loves football. The thing is, he's a die hard long time southend fan and would be so good for SUFC. But I wouldn't wish it upon him as he does not deserve how he would be treated by RM. But if ever we become a professional outfit again I'd love to see him in the role.
Must be punishment enough having to work for Gillingham, though!

hahaha true! Though probably not as traumatic as being a southend ceo!
He was the club lawyer prior to ceo i think and before that did well in legal accountancy circles or similar. Sort of persuaded to take the Ceo role.
Still comes to watch southend whenever the opportunity permits.

He Must have been helping Steve Evans with their 14 incoming new transfers :Frustrated: , only 15 last year

And a nice guy too. Personable, professional, with a young family. Seems to 'get' what the football match day experience is about for families and non families as well as the number crunching and deal santioning.
Don't know the details of why things may not be working out there, but heard he may be too frugal for the club's thinking. However, I heard that bit second hand, so can't verify.
To be fair I've not looked at his linked in cv . I'm not surprised though.

Back