• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New changes to Roots Hall?

I think Ron will add a Costa Coffee type restaurant, a fast food eatery, a wet fish stall, some hi-tech gambling emporium, a Weatherspoons type pub, the relocation of the sea front Sealife Centre, some type of superstore express store, plus, there is always room for a dry cleaning shoe repair cabin like Timpsons. I can also see an under stadium valet parking facility and a health club. I also think some kind of crèche would be useful plus an art gallery and Jazz Bar. Hopefully a closing roof will be added and helicopter landing strip for the rumoured new Arab owners. Not to be too sexist, but I can see the demand for a massage parlour and Katz style night entertainment spot too.
To dream of the new Mecca of football is so sweet!

I heard that Ron was secretly growing onions on last years pitch, (hence the poor condition), in an attempt to sell burgers with free range organically grown toppings with a new price tag to match.

Apparently this new venture is going to be supported by the new front of shirt sponsor Onion Dawn plc and any peeling paint around the place is an attempt at subliminal advertising for onions.

FACT. END OF.

I don't disagree with your point about Martin Dawn either, as that is just Ron's way of putting his money into the club and getting a bit of self-promotion out of it.

This is the point really... whilst RM is having to financially support the club, we will not have - IMHO - an external sponsor. It's quite an efficient way of financially propping up the club.

Now the sales of Bentley and Payne may mean that this could be possible this season. Who knows?

Or our sponsor could be an advert for Fossetts Farm, with a great big "BE PART OF IT" emblazoned across the front...

I think Ron will add a Costa Coffee type restaurant, a fast food eatery, a wet fish stall, some hi-tech gambling emporium, a Weatherspoons type pub, the relocation of the sea front Sealife Centre, some type of superstore express store, plus, there is always room for a dry cleaning shoe repair cabin like Timpsons. I can also see an under stadium valet parking facility and a health club. I also think some kind of crèche would be useful plus an art gallery and Jazz Bar. Hopefully a closing roof will be added and helicopter landing strip for the rumoured new Arab owners. Not to be too sexist, but I can see the demand for a massage parlour and Katz style night entertainment spot too.

All chains and franchises then? That's poor. What about local businesses with local people?

When you go to Rochdale there is a chippy just across the road - not some chain. Good stuff. That would be different and refreshing instead of the same old thing that you can get at Shrewsbury, Plymouth or Blackpool.

If he builds this I don’t think I’ll ever leave.

Handy for dry cleaning!

Back