• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Charges registered

Ron thinks he’s going to out Fox other business people I just don’t see it.
I wonder what everybody’s bet is on whether this time next year he will still be owner. As I don’t think he’ll let the club collpase. Not after all this time.
He’s not skint.

I don’t get this idea of Ron not being skint. I think he is definitely cash poor at the moment but not asset poor in the sense he has a valuable home and cars and a few other assets. I generally don’t believe if he had money available he wouldn’t pay what he needed to in order to not have us under an embargo since September as if we got promoted the club would naturally have more money and would be a more attractive proposition for buyers too.

I genuinely have no idea what is happening in the background regarding these charges being added against the club but as people have noted on here it is likely to be 1 of 2 things - getting things ready for a sale or protecting him if the club goes under. Hopefully the silence is a sign of good news in the near future but I’m not surprised there are no proper rumours at the moment as I expect there are very few people who know what is happening behind the scenes and from the club side that is likely only Ron and possible Tom too so leaks are going to be hard to come by.

I don’t get this idea of Ron not being skint. I think he is definitely cash poor at the moment but not asset poor in the sense he has a valuable home and cars and a few other assets. I generally don’t believe if he had money available he wouldn’t pay what he needed to in order to not have us under an embargo since September as if we got promoted the club would naturally have more money and would be a more attractive proposition for buyers too.

I genuinely have no idea what is happening in the background regarding these charges being added against the club but as people have noted on here it is likely to be 1 of 2 things - getting things ready for a sale or protecting him if the club goes under. Hopefully the silence is a sign of good news in the near future but I’m not surprised there are no proper rumours at the moment as I expect there are very few people who know what is happening behind the scenes and from the club side that is likely only Ron and possible Tom too so leaks are going to be hard to come by.
Well he could sell his cars for cheaper versions tbf if I had unpaid staff I’d do that as I couldn’t justify that type of luxury vs unpaid staff.

Everyone carry on buying your season tickets and helping Ron out even more. :Hilarious:
I haven't renewed my season ticket to help Ron out. I want to continue watching the team I have supported for around 55 years, long before Ron was involved. As advised by the supporters groups I waited until after he had spoken, no surprises about what was said, but I wanted to keep my seat and take advantage of the early bird prices. If that helps towards staff getting paid then great. If we get a buyer will be good to be there at the start of something new, if the worst happens and the Club doesn't survive, then I also want to have been there to the end. What is hilarious about that ?

I'm no finance expert, but this sort of thing worries me. Given the amount of debt hanging around the club's neck, I can't see it being especially attractive to any incoming buyer.

My club was sold for around £9m for years ago ; for that you got a L1 club, a hotel and a training ground. What does a buyer of SUFC get ? A tier five club in a decrepit stadium, or possibly a tier five club locked into a stadium of uncertain size and a third party landlord.

I'm no finance expert, but this sort of thing worries me. Given the amount of debt hanging around the club's neck, I can't see it being especially attractive to any incoming buyer.

My club was sold for around £9m for years ago ; for that you got a L1 club, a hotel and a training ground. What does a buyer of SUFC get ? A tier five club in a decrepit stadium, or possibly a tier five club locked into a stadium of uncertain size and a third party landlord.
Apparently there are various parties interested in buying club only, club plus new stadium, and club new stadium and some wider aspects of the £300m development. Any club is only worth what someone is willing to pay- it is ever thus….

Apparently there are various parties interested in buying club only, club plus new stadium, and club new stadium and some wider aspects of the £300m development. Any club is only worth what someone is willing to pay- it is ever thus….
I wasn't aware anyone was interested, it's only hearsay. But your right it's only worth what demesne is willing to pay. Let's hope Ron sees it that way, but I doubt it

Back