• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Club Anthem

Irate Ian

Members
Thread from another forum, for thiose who may not jump from one to another.

Hijack Land of Hope and Glory

Since this could & perhaps should be [but is not] our National Anthem, why not hijack and devlop/adapt the words to a proper football blues anthem?

1st rought Draft:

Land of Hope and Glory we will follow the Blues; we again will be mighty af-ter vi-c-tor-y.

Our piers Wider and longer, than any in-in the world; Shrimpers we are for-ever... and no-one out-sings us here...

When we score we we will allll sayyy... its just another.... blue day... ????

I like Bridge Over Trobled Water, It's a real anthem song.

I can't work out how Bridge over Troubled Water is anything other than a nice song. It doesn't inspire me at all , and it hasn't got any connection with football or Southend United (other than we are near the sea) and is sung by 2 Americans who obviously don't know the first thing about the offside rule.

If you have ever watched the Last Night of the Proms , Land of Hope and Glory makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and is probably the most patriotic song ever. If this was played in the dressing room pre-match the players would be fired up , and so would the fans on hearing it.

Land of hope and glory has real impact. It makes the skin chill and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Would be nice to have a club anthem, just finalising it seems a major stumbling block.

I can't work out how Bridge over Troubled Water is anything other than a nice song. It doesn't inspire me at all , and it hasn't got any connection with football or Southend United (other than we are near the sea) and is sung by 2 Americans who obviously don't know the first thing about the offside rule.

If you have ever watched the Last Night of the Proms , Land of Hope and Glory makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and is probably the most patriotic song ever. If this was played in the dressing room pre-match the players would be fired up , and so would the fans on hearing it.

wot about london burning[just for u]

We already sing a version of Land of Hope & Glory don't we?...

We all follow the Southend, over land and sea....(and Col Ewe!)

We all follooooooow the Soooooouthend, on too viiiiiccctory...

We already sing a version of Land of Hope & Glory don't we?...

We all follow the Southend, over land and sea....(and Col Ewe!)

We all follooooooow the Soooooouthend, on too viiiiiccctory...

yep. Perhaps they cant hear it over there;)

totally agree mate, no inspiration to me at all

If the club were to play this at full blast round the ground it would certainly liven things up. Bridge over Troubled Water would send people to sleep.

If the club were to play this at full blast round the ground it would certainly liven things up. Bridge over Troubled Water would send people to sleep.

Nice and slow like, so we can all wave those little flags in time with the tune, ala Last Night of The Proms....

:rolleyes:

Back