• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Club Kits

BlueJ

Royal Holloway Shrimper
Just seen this on another forum Link Here. Personally, I like the new adidas kits, especially the new liverpool home and european shirts, but many other brands seem to be copying the current nike style kits with the manufactures logo being almost on the shoulder of the shirt, and as we've seen already nike appear to be going more retro.

There's still a bit of confusion over the exact design of Liverpool's switch over to Adidas then.

Have to say I hate that new Manchester Utd shirt. Here's hoping our new shirt doesn't resemble that one as the last one slightly did!

Now, here's a nice bit of kit - Rosario Central, in Argentina...

128705zw.jpg

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 01 2006,11:37)]Have to say I hate that new Manchester Utd shirt. Here's hoping our new shirt doesn't resemble that one as the last one slightly did!
Agreed - it's plain and boring. Could easily be a kit from their teamwear range.

Don't like the new adidas design either, but to be fair I've never been a fan of their kit designs.

Liverpool have a kit by Adidas but west ham are still with reebok even though they have been taken over by Adidas, so why dont West ham have a adidas kit?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ June 01 2006,23:32)]Liverpool have a kit by Adidas but west ham are still with reebok even though they have been taken over by Adidas, so why dont West ham have a adidas kit?
Think it's all to do with the gradual phasing out of the Reebok brand. It will only finally disappear when all contractual obligations are met. Hence why presumably Bolton will still be playing in the Reebok Stadium this season.

the Man Utd one is terrible, if that is real.

It looks very basic and generic, like our first Nike kit under Wignall.

I think West Ham are still halfway through 2 years of that home shirt with Reebok hence they haven't switched to Addidas yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 02 2006,10:07)]the Man Utd one is terrible, if that is real.

I think West Ham are still halfway through 2 years of that home shirt with Reebok hence they haven't switched to Addidas yet.
I'm a bit confused with the Adidas/Reebok business, because Reebok have just signed Henry up to wear their boots following the World Cup, a new Reebok West Ham away shirt has been launched, and new Reebok trainers are being produced primarily to rival Nikie in the American market. So does Adidas want to merge the companies despite having bout Reebok outright, or is it planning to continue to operate Reebok as a separate company?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 02 2006,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 02 2006,10:07)]the Man Utd one is terrible, if that is real.

I'm a bit confused with the Adidas/Reebok business, because Reebok have just signed Henry up to wear their boots following the World Cup, a new Reebok West Ham away shirt has been launched, and new Reebok trainers are being produced primarily to rival Nikie in the American market. So does Adidas want to merge the companies despite having bout Reebok outright, or is it planning to continue to operate Reebok as a separate company?
As I said above, as I understand it Adidas bought Reebok & the brand will eventually cease to exist. I think their strategy was by eliminating Reebok from the market that would strengthen their position against their competitors mainly Nike.

Really, have they signed up Henry on a boot deal? I hadn't heard that. He must be one of Nike's prized assets so I'm surprised that's happened.

Reebok is a well known brand with an especially well known name in trainers (Reebok Classics of course) so it would make sense for Adidas to keep them as a seperate brand, which is what I reckon they will do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ June 02 2006,11:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 02 2006,11:45)]
[b said:

As I said above, as I understand it Adidas bought Reebok & the brand will eventually cease to exist.  I think their strategy was by eliminating Reebok from the market that would strengthen their position against their competitors mainly Nike.

Really, have they signed up Henry on a boot deal?  I hadn't heard that.  He must be one of Nike's prized assets so I'm surprised that's happened.
Apparently his contract with Reebok starts after the World Cup, so thus why he'll be in some of the Nike build-up ads. I was suprised Nike didn't try harder to keep him, but I've heard rumours that Nike are trying to steal back some players currently contracted with Adidas, which I personally don't see happening.

Back