• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Colchester manager.

Yeah he had a bad blip when he started and won a couple of games, but looks like he is getting things right again now.

Jabbo seems to have got his shooting back on track as well and stopped putting the ball in the net.

Still all to do at the moment as they are 4 points clear of relegation, but Im confident he will get things right there and get in the bottom 4 come May.

Yeah he had a bad blip when he started and won a couple of games, but looks like he is getting things right again now.

Jabbo seems to have got his shooting back on track as well and stopped putting the ball in the net.

Still all to do at the moment as they are 4 points clear of relegation, but Im confident he will get things right there and get in the bottom 4 come May.

Why do you want them to get relegated? Guaranteed 6 points in league one next season for us :winking:

Yes I do.

However having them and Orient in the same division does make for some good derbies.

Back on track now with six defeats in their last seven games. It's pulling them in from far and wide too with yesterday's "crowd" reaching 2,987 a figure which, incredibly, includes Oldham's contingent.

Back on track now with six defeats in their last seven games. It's pulling them in from far and wide too with yesterday's "crowd" reaching 2,987 a figure which, incredibly, includes Oldham's contingent.

That's a cracking run in fairness. With such a supreme effort, people will soon sit up and take notice. You just hope that the manager doesn't attract the sort of unwanted attention that might see him take up other positions - like of course a job outside of football, or even a seat outside the dole office. Sterling effort. Boy Dunne good, job well done, well Dunne, son, etc...

That's a cracking run in fairness. With such a supreme effort, people will soon sit up and take notice. You just hope that the manager doesn't attract the sort of unwanted attention that might see him take up other positions - like of course a job outside of football, or even a seat outside the dole office. Sterling effort. Boy Dunne good, job well done, well Dunne, son, etc...

Indeed. After a disasterous start I really didnt see how he could achieve anything there, but fairplay to him he has managed to turn it around with limited funds. Its however a long way to go, no one gets promoted or relegated in December, but he is laying solid foundations there.

Good to see all the Col U fans who were staying away because of the last manager are flocking back to the stadium as they said they would if he was sacked.

Indeed. After a disasterous start I really didnt see how he could achieve anything there, but fairplay to him he has managed to turn it around with limited funds. Its however a long way to go, no one gets promoted or relegated in December, but he is laying solid foundations there.

Good to see all the Col U fans who were staying away because of the last manager are flocking back to the stadium as they said they would if he was sacked.

Flocking is something you'd think would come naturally to Col Ewe fans, if they actually existed.

And a 3-1 home reverse in front of a "bumper" Bank Holiday crowd of 4,200 makes it six league defeats on the spin. A terrific return to form.

Going well aren't we :stunned:

Oh well 5th from bottom will do this season, I suspect you lot might come up so the Essex derby will be on again next season.

There will be several players leaving in early January, some I expect will go to Bristol Rovers to join up with John Ward, we have signed young Josh Thompson from Portsmouth on a permanent deal and also Jack Compton from the same club, they will be completed on Jan 1st. Joe is getting rid of players who are not pulling their weight so the dressing room is not a happy place at present, he will slowly get things right I have no doubt we will stay up but only just!

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

Going well aren't we :stunned:

Oh well 5th from bottom will do this season, I suspect you lot might come up so the Essex derby will be on again next season.

There will be several players leaving in early January, some I expect will go to Bristol Rovers to join up with John Ward, we have signed young Josh Thompson from Portsmouth on a permanent deal and also Jack Compton from the same club, they will be completed on Jan 1st. Joe is getting rid of players who are not pulling their weight so the dressing room is not a happy place at present, he will slowly get things right I have no doubt we will stay up but only just!

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

I think we may swap places - which is a shame, because it would nice to have 6 points in the bag before the season started :winking:

I'd get buidling the sandpit now, you could do with any sort of goals you can get now as you are in nothing but relegation form rock bottom of the form table.

I'd get buidling the sandpit now, you could do with any sort of goals you can get now as you are in nothing but relegation form rock bottom of the form table.

That was you, was it?

I thought we'd done that for Barrett's return. Shame it didn't work.

Ha ha

Dont worry guys (I know you wont!) I dont think we are going down, we will get enough points to stay up in the end, there are at least 4 clubs worse than us in this league but yes it is embarrassing at present. We have a large squad of players and until we move some on we will not be able to sign many, there are at least 6 out on loan at present and several others due to be moved out soon on permanent deals. Joe will get the squad he wants together and then move on to a better performance next season.

Back