• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Colchester manager.

Looking a bit grim guys I must admit but I am still hanging onto positive thoughts at present we are up against Yeovil tonight who have the dual strike pests of Paddy Madden who has done very well for them recently and the small but dangerous James Hayter who has always been a player I have rated.

Looking a bit grim guys I must admit but I am still hanging onto positive thoughts at present we are up against Yeovil tonight who have the dual strike pests of Paddy Madden who has done very well for them recently and the small but dangerous James Hayter who has always been a player I have rated.

Grim? It's positively joyous :winking:

Well, I wouldn't mind renewing the old rivalry, so if we get promoted, I don't mind at all Col U staying put. If we don't make League One, that's a different matter...........................look forward to seeing you in the basement division.:smile:

Well, I wouldn't mind renewing the old rivalry, so if we get promoted, I don't mind at all Col U staying put. If we don't make League One, that's a different matter...........................look forward to seeing you in the basement division.:smile:

No I want you boys to come up because based on last nights performance we are staying up so you need promotion to restore the Essex derby, on the other hand given our non league attendance last night we might go bust before next season!

No I want you boys to come up because based on last nights performance we are staying up

Booooooo!

so you need promotion to restore the Essex derby, on the other hand given our non league attendance last night we might go bust before next season!

Hurrah!!

Seriously, wouldnt want any club to go out of business but wouldnt be dismayed if you went down obviously. If I were a betting man I wouldnt put any money on us going up this year so no derby unless you do get relegated.

Booooooo!

Hurrah!!

Seriously, wouldnt want any club to go out of business but wouldnt be dismayed if you went down obviously. If I were a betting man I wouldnt put any money on us going up this year so no derby unless you do get relegated.

Know what you mean JM, it is all very well having banter but if any club goes bust (Yes even MK Dons) I always feel sorry for the fans, it is not their fault but they often feel some of the greatest pain. We played very well last night in front of just under 2400 fans, the people there really got behind the team but when a stadium is under a quarter full it must be depressing for the players. They looked very much on song though with a very committed performance so if that continues we still have a chance of staying up, Stevenage away this Saturday which is a game I think we might win. I think Southends promotion efforts may be derailed by the Wembley appearance the same will probably happen to Phil Parkinsons Bradford they have a lot of games to catch up on to make the playoffs. Good luck anyway it would be great for both clubs to be back in the third division, as you know it is a tough league with some big clubs always coming down from the Championship, maybe even Wolves this year!

...and that's another Southend Win Colchester Lose double as both teams strive to change division.

hotchick_beer32.jpg

I love the friendly banter between al of you ,it makes for great reading and too finish of with such a beauty is perfect, i personally would love for both teams to be in the same division, prefebly division 3, then i could get to read some more of your banter . :smile:

We chucked it away at Coventry last night 2-0 up with just 13 minutes to go and we draw 2-2, oh well I suppose it is better than losing 1-3 at home to Wimbledon :winking: (Friendly banter remember)

We chucked it away at Coventry last night 2-0 up with just 13 minutes to go and we draw 2-2, oh well I suppose it is better than losing 1-3 at home to Wimbledon :winking: (Friendly banter remember)

We have Torquay next, who haven't won in their last 10 and won only 3 times in their last 20 games. I highly recommend you sit down when you hear the result on saturday or you may **** yourself laughing at us!

And we will do the same when you lose to Bury at the weekend when they have only won 2 from their last 20 games :winking:

We have Torquay next, who haven't won in their last 10 and won only 3 times in their last 20 games. I highly recommend you sit down when you hear the result on saturday or you may **** yourself laughing at us!

And we will do the same when you lose to Bury at the weekend when they have only won 2 from their last 20 games :winking:

Ha ha I agree mate this is getting dafter by the week, some of our squad have gone down with a virus apparently, and without going into too much detail they are sitting down a lot in the smallest room in the house :winking:
I suspect Bury will be all out to kick us rather than the ball, it could be an interesting weekend!

Bury 25 shots Colchester 8 and down to 10 men after 4 minutes how the **** did we win that, the answer is team spirit and never say die attitude, and anyway we won so other than that I don't care :smile:

Back