• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Colchester manager.

Me too.

No experience. Couldnt ask for more.

May well do ok but Id rather Col U take a risk with an unknown than get an experienced manager in.

Me too.

No experience. Couldnt ask for more.

May well do ok but Id rather Col U take a risk with an unknown than get an experienced manager in.

We shall see Jam man, I think they will do well Cowling has had enough of the headline managers like Lambert and Boothroyd, they cost a fortune and desert the ship as soon as a better offer comes along.

Agree with that, as we found with Tilson if you get the right man you can do well.

Lets hope you havent found the right man :winking:

We have also loaned 3 players today 2 of which have played for you guys on loan in the past, Craig Eastmond and Sanchez Watt from Arsenal and Jabo Ibehre from MK Dons.

We have also loaned 3 players today 2 of which have played for you guys on loan in the past, Craig Eastmond and Sanchez Watt from Arsenal and Jabo Ibehre from MK Dons.
thought sanchez watt when with us was very average but has improved alot since being with us and jabo will always cause defences problems with his pace and thought he would do better than he actually did as well.

Remember them! Jabo was useless and never scored for us, but of course scored against us! Watt played his debut for us at your place, but was a player who would run with the ball, so for your sake let's hope the pitch is better (or should I say worse :winking:) than when we played you.

I have to say, making your first act as manager to sign a forward who's scored 20 goals in the last three-and-a-bit seasons is a damning indictment on Col Ewe's current strike force. Although, when that strike force boasts the goal-getting "prowess" of Freddie Sears, I guess anybody's an improvement...

Remember them! Jabo was useless and never scored for us, but of course scored against us! Watt played his debut for us at your place, but was a player who would run with the ball, so for your sake let's hope the pitch is better (or should I say worse :winking:) than when we played you.

I think Jabo is there as a big lump to provide chances for Sears and Morrison, I remember Watt playing for you at the WHCS, don't worry the pitch is brilliant now Cowling spent several hundred thousand on it to bring it up to Premier league levels, all we need is some premier quality players now!

I have to say, making your first act as manager to sign a forward who's scored 20 goals in the last three-and-a-bit seasons is a damning indictment on Col Ewe's current strike force. Although, when that strike force boasts the goal-getting "prowess" of Freddie Sears, I guess anybody's an improvement...

The deal was done 2 weeks ago by John Ward but for some reason didn't happen until this week once Joe Dunne had sanctioned it with Robbie Cowling, I think he is there as a provider rather than a goalscorer!

I think Jabo is there as a big lump to provide chances for Sears and Morrison, I remember Watt playing for you at the WHCS, don't worry the pitch is brilliant now Cowling spent several hundred thousand on it to bring it up to Premier league levels, all we need is some premier quality players now!
errrrrrrr i think you also need some fans as well to go in that stadium and to pay the wages:winking:

The deal was done 2 weeks ago by John Ward but for some reason didn't happen until this week once Joe Dunne had sanctioned it with Robbie Cowling, I think he is there as a provider rather than a goalscorer!

Ah, Ward probably has the right to feel a little aggrieved at that situation then... If Ibehre had came in as planned and made an instant impact, he might not currently be sat in the dole queue. What with Morrison's pedigree, I'd imagine Ibehre's arrival probably spells the end of Sears' place in the starting XI. That'd be a crying shame, I'd grown quite accustomed to watching a West Ham reject flounder in front of goal for you.

Ah, Ward probably has the right to feel a little aggrieved at that situation then... If Ibehre had came in as planned and made an instant impact, he might not currently be sat in the dole queue. What with Morrison's pedigree, I'd imagine Ibehre's arrival probably spells the end of Sears' place in the starting XI. That'd be a crying shame, I'd grown quite accustomed to watching a West Ham reject flounder in front of goal for you.

I think Sears might have to be happy with a spot on the bench for a while unless we play 3 up front, or he drops back into midfield but I can't see that happening we have so many good midfield players already.

Jabo looked really good yesterday and could have had 4, Watt played ok and looked a threat the whole game and Eastmond after giving away the early goal with a poor pass looks every inch a Prem player not the finished product yet but we are very lucky to have him imho.

Give him time he will show his true talent.

If he was all that he wouldnt have been available for loan at his age....

Back