• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours New Competition

sufc_tom

Striker
From what I heard when I got my Preston tickets theres a new HT competition, which gets the winning ticket holder a chance to hit the cross bar from the edge of the penalty box. Prize (and I'm pretty sure I heard it right) is a Mercedes!

From what I heard when I got my Preston tickets theres a new HT competition, which gets the winning ticket holder a chance to hit the cross bar from the edge of the penalty box. Prize (and I'm pretty sure I heard it right) is a Mercedes!

Yes but it's the penalty box at the other end of the pitch. And the ball is not allowed to bounce.

from the half way line surely ?
was out in New Zealand a few years back and they had something similar with the "lucky" winner getting the chance to put the ball between the uprights from the half way line - most pro's can't do that by the way - not only that, they put a canopy over the sticks with a tiny hole for the ball to go through - funniest thing I'd seen in ages
that's rugby posts by the way...

The guy at the ticket office was telling me today that it was originally going to be from the edge of the box, but (naturally) they couldn't get insurance for it. No surprise, most of my team of under 11's could do that, so yes, it is from the half way line, with tickets on sale next Saturday against Bristol Rovers.

The guy also said "you weren't allowed to wear football boots", how sad would that be, turn up with them in the hope your ticket gets pulled !

I hit the bar EVERY half time at RH :angel: :cheers:

Is it at Twikenham on Boxing Day each year they have a "lucky seat" draw and the winner has to hit the crossbar from the 22 metre line i think to win £250,000 ... its been won the past 2 years i believe :thumbsup:

They used to do the cross bar challenge a few years ago,

There also was a half time challenge to win a Fiesta, but I think that was a different competition

You didn't read the small print...it was a double pack of fiesta kitchen towels

The problem is, you go and win a Chrysler and the dealer will eventually win when you pay them £100 just to say hello to you when you take it in as there's an inevitable problem with it.

Awful, awful cars.

Back