• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Contracts

Benders is surely worth more than Che?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ Feb. 20 2005,19:31)]OK, time for some highly subjective and no doubt hotly disputed values.

ASSUMING (note, assuming) all playing to current form as per this season with two year contracts to run, and taking into account their age here is my valuation re what we might get for them if someone came looking:

Gremink              £50,000
Flavs                 £50,000
Wilson                £30,000
Hunt                  £250,000
Jupp                  FREE
Edwards             FREE
Prior                  FREE
Barrett               £100,000
Maher                £100,000
Bentley              £30,000
Gower                £250,000
Petts                 £100,000
Gray                  £100,000
Eastwood           £500,000
Dudfield              £150,000
Bramble              FREE

This was done in a rush - dinner on table! Eastwood gets top price because of potential and clubs will always buy that.

Total in quick calc = £1,710,000.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
I think every player is over-rated in value IMO

Flavs - £20,000
Bart (who is 33) - £8,000
Hunt - £35,000
Che - £20,000
Jupp - £5,000
Prior - £3,000
Edwards - No fee
Barrett - £60,000 (he'll never score this many again)
Nicky - £10,000
Gower - £80,000
Maher - £70,000
Bentley - £35,000
Petts - £25,000
Dudders - £35,000
Freddy - £120,000
Gray - £35,000
Corbett - No fee
Husbands - No fee
Bramble - £5,000
= £571,000
Which I think is more realistic in todays transfer environment.

Do players go for paltry sums like £3,000 or £5,000 anymore as this level?!

Personally I think you may get cash for very few of our players. Certainly the likes of Griemink, Wilson, Prior, Edwards, Jupp, Bramble, Corbett, Husbands, Smith would all go on a free. I doubt you'd get very much for Flahavan, Bentley, Dudfield or Gray, if anything at all.

In my opinion, the only players that we could possibly capitalise on are Eastwood (almost certain), Gower, Hunt, Pettefer, Barrett and, maybe, Maher.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 20 2005,22:28)]Do players go for paltry sums like £3,000 or £5,000 anymore as this level?!

Personally I think you may get cash for very few of our players. Certainly the likes of Griemink, Wilson, Prior, Edwards, Jupp, Bramble, Corbett, Husbands, Smith would all go on a free. I doubt you'd get very much for Flahavan, Bentley, Dudfield or Gray, if anything at all.

In my opinion, the only players that we could possibly capitalise on are Eastwood (almost certain), Gower, Hunt, Pettefer, Barrett and, maybe, Maher.

WS
Same. Couldn't be assed to type all that though!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 20 2005,22:28)]Do players go for paltry sums like £3,000 or £5,000 anymore as this level?!

WS
"Do players go for paltry sums like £3,000 or £5,000 anymore as this level?!"
I believe so, usually put down as 'undisclosed' or 'nominal fee'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Feb. 20 2005,22:35)]"Do players go for paltry sums like £3,000 or £5,000 anymore as this level?!"
I believe so, usually put down as 'undisclosed' or 'nominal fee'
Really? Doesn't seem worth it, once you take into account fees and charges ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 20 2005,19:56)]You appear to have missed an additional zero off Kev's valuation.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What the one before the decimal point, ORM? Viz. £0.70000?

wink.gif

[b said:

WS
Yeah I'd be inclined to agree. Very few players at this level get signed for a fee anymore. In fact I'd be surprised if theres more than a handful of players we've got who would command anything more than a nominal fee.

We've got a few players who would though. Dudfield, Gower, Eastwood and Bentley all cost us money in the past two seasons and have all improved during that time. I don't agree with WS when he says that we couldn't get money for Dudfield. He's as close as you can get to a guaranteed goalscorer at this level and that sort of player will always interest teams. Particularly if they are a model pro like Lawrie appears to be.

Lets not kid ourselves though. We've got one player in the squad who could command anything near a six-figure transfer fee in this day and age and thats Freddy Eastwood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] He's as close as you can get to a guaranteed goalscorer at this level
Don't agree there personaly I dont think Duffield is going to score many goals I think he lacks pace now if he were to sharpen up a bit then I think he would score many more

Back