• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Crest Idea

RetroBlue

Schoolboy
Seen a few teams rebrand there crest to a more modern style recently (ahem Leeds). So thought it would be fun to try and modernise the Southend United Crest.
I really liked the modernist style of the 70s crests, Leeds "smiley" for example and the classic Wednesday owl etc. I looked back to our 75ish Shrimp badge and thought I could give it a modern twist without losing touch with the clubs history.

Anyway thought id just put the feelers out and see what you guys think..

SOUTHEND-UNITED-NEW-BADGE.png

Sorry, but IMO, it looks crap.

A bit harsh in criticism, but i'm a bit of a traditionalist.

I'm still not over it when they changed the crest from blue and yellow

southendunitedprevious.jpg

Last edited:

Thats fair mattitouk, I wouldn't say the blue and yellow is traditional though, if you look back the blue and yellow kinda took away from everything the club stood for, I mean a lion?

I think out current badge is the nicest we have had. Not a fan of the 70’s badges... very tacky IMO.
Not a bad effort though RB... although not sure about black and Sky Blue.

I think out current badge is the nicest we have had. Not a fan of the 70’s badges... very tacky IMO.
Not a bad effort though RB... although not sure about black and Sky Blue.

Cheers Austin, it is a very modern approach I understand it won't be to everyones tastes. I know a lot of teams that rebrand look to the past and modernise.

I took the sky blue from our away colours over recent years and the black is actually our current navy blue, may look darker on your screen, but thanks for the feedback.

Cheers Austin, it is a very modern approach I understand it won't be to everyones tastes. I know a lot of teams that rebrand look to the past and modernise.

I took the sky blue from our away colours over recent years and the black is actually our current navy blue, may look darker on your screen, but thanks for the feedback.
Oh yeah must be my phone.yeah makes sense using those colours. Yeah it’s growing on me tbf

Oh yeah must be my phone.yeah makes sense using those colours. Yeah it’s growing on me tbf

Glad your starting to like it man and your girlfriend, always nice to get some good feedback. Just thinking with the new stadium (IF it ever happens) it would be nice to have a rebrand and a fresh start with a new crest. I feel like colours reflect Southends more recent times and successes.

Isnt that the Jobson badge ? the one that he changed , note the lack of Shrimps , which he ditched for a Lion for some reason.
IIRC he then copyrighted it.

We had a change in the 70's , including this

southendunitedboot.jpg

The 70s boot badge is mint. Not as a main badge but as a second badge. I agree with above, I didn't really like the yellow in the 1990s rework. I also think Retro Blue's effort is pretty good. But, our current badge is okay although I would replace the football for a sausage roll.

Nice, but I'd go for the more adverserial approach. A shrimp mutilating a sheep whilst simultaneoulsy taking a massive ****e on Tamplin's head, whilst in the distance the Olympic Stadium is destroyed by nuclear warheads.

Or yours.....I'm easy.

WTF is that thing in the middle of your badge around the football ?

.......Looks like someone has curled out something nasty

Well , our performance was poo last night so maybe you are onto something

Nice, but I'd go for the more adverserial approach. A shrimp mutilating a sheep whilst simultaneoulsy taking a massive ****e on Tamplin's head, whilst in the distance the Olympic Stadium is destroyed by nuclear warheads.

Or yours.....I'm easy.

that sound like one for that bloke who does online art requests using Microsoft paint...his name escapes me

Edit **- Jim'll paint it

Back