• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Crest Idea

I really like it. It's a great effort. I think split the inner circle into 3 parts, waves in the bottom half, the top half split vertically in half with the shrimp we have now on one side and the 3 swords on the other side.
I never liked the yellow and I don't like the anchor either. We have the waves and shrimp already to represent the town.

Great thread

Updated_SUFC_Proc_artboardsArtboard_16.png

I quite like this one. http://www.stephenmarckdesign.com/uploads/images/Updated_SUFC_Proc_artboardsArtboard_16.png

Wasn't the lion in the badge rumoured to be due to Ken Bates of Chelsea bailing us out at that time

I was once told a story that it's something to do with Chelsea, although Bates wasn't mentioned by name. They gave a 'significant amount of money' to the club and Jobson added the lion to the new crest. I don't think Chelsea had any say or want of this, seemed more to be Jobson putting 'his' stamp on the team and it's never been discovered just why it was added or whose suggestion it was.

My favourite of the badges are the ones from 1968-1969.

New crest ?? ............... some might say tantamount to re-arranging the deckchairs.

As a graphic designer, I appreciate what you've done , very good job ! However ... as a Southend fan .... I'm not sure

Back