• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New deals

ASHRIMPER

First XI
Now that we are safe, tilly should now start offering new contracts to the most important players of our team e.g Maher,Constintine,Warren,Cort and Jupp.

agree with all of them! Personally i don't wanna see too many players leave! think we should try and keep the squad together!!

I disgree. I think Tilly should allow all our best players to leave on free transfers.

Do you not think that you are stating the obvious here a bit?

Being a Manager means more than just chosing who plays each game.

Tilly would have been planning things for few weeks now and would already have had preliminary discussions with the players concerned.

However, Constantine who is a bit different will probably have an agent who is pushing his "Hot property" about to all and sundry.

Unless Tilly has something up his sleeve with Ron Martin I honestly believe that Connie will be playing 2nd Division football next season.

Sad but inevitable really.
sad.gif

Here's something Radical... I think Tilly + Brush should sign up those players they see as key for next season, let go those they dont see having a future at Roots hall and bring in new faces in positions they see need improving.
The players Brought in by Tilly/Brush have proved to be good aquisitions (Dudfield, Pettefer, Nicolau etc).
I'm quite happy to trust their judgement to assemble a promotion-chasing squad for next season, even if it means one or two shocks about who stays/goes at the end of the season.

I understand that Kev and Leon were indeed offered new contracts yesterday evening. By Peterborough and Brighton respectively
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 21 2004,10:59)]I understand that Kev and Leon were indeed offered new contracts yesterday evening.  By Peterborough and Brighton respectively  
rock.gif
is this true

Would be nice to see us hold on to a core few players this season but I don't expect Tilly to work any miracles. If you were Constantine, I expect you'd want to be playing in a higher division. That said, with the way we've been playing this calendar year, surely Tilson could convince him to stay on and give next year a crack. Depends how much gratitude he has to us for giving hin a chance to prove himself.

Back