• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For **** sake lets just start building. Its either **** or bust but I think it will happen and so lets crack on.

I am so confused -

if I say we are LOADSA money everyone calls me mental -

and everyone agrees we are SKINT.....

Sainsbury state they cannot afford to up the offer,Think they take around a billion per year through the tills so its fair comment from the supermarket giant.

Sainsbury state they cannot afford to up the offer,Think they take around a billion per year through the tills so its fair comment from the supermarket giant.

That'd be their annual revenue (excluding VAT) of £22.3bn.

For future reference peeps, this is what is commonly known in the industry as a contribution under Section 106 of the Town & Country Planning Act.

Essentially, Section 106 agreements are 'sweetners' paid in the form of capital or built contributions, most commonly by property developers, to Local Authorities, most common where a high value development is using prime land, and where green space is being removed from the Council's controlling area...

Typically, housing developers will agree to build a small school, 3G sports pitches/facilities or other badly needed regional facilities on a brownfield site (for argument's sake) to soften up the Local Authority into providing them with conditional planning permission for their lucrative proposals.

It is a discretionary power, and the Local Authority, if reasonable, will eventually reach a sensible agreement with the applicant.
In this case, I can't see how you can accurately quantify lost revenues owed to town centre traders, as the specification and tenancy details for our retail units at FF haven't even been completed.

Whenever one of these articles pops up I have to remind myself that it'll never be built.

To be fair, if this is the most important thing left on the agenda (doubt it though...) then we can't be too far off....

As I wrote before SUFC are so lucky that 30,000 approx. fans will be attending Wembley just 3 days before this important council meeting on the 10th. This highlights in councillors minds the importance of Southend United to the area. I think it will get the green light. Sainsburys would not have signed the joint letter if not fully committed.

As I said in the other thread about the previous planning meting, it's exactly the sum I expected them to compromise on.

A no-news news story. It will only be news after the planing meeting on the 10th.

Milkey

As I wrote before SUFC are so lucky that 30,000 approx. fans will be attending Wembley just 3 days before this important council meeting on the 10th. This highlights in councillors minds the importance of Southend United to the area. I think it will get the green light. Sainsburys would not have signed the joint letter if not fully committed.

Very much agree with this, our first Wembley final has come at a very good time. It will take a brave council to be seen as anything other than supportive the week after the final.

Not only that £3 million quid is a lot better than nothing, I would like to see the council agree but put some sort of timescale on work starting.

It finally feels like the pieces are falling into place. Come on the Council - do the right thing and approve!

Back