• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Fans Group

You decide?

• Total voters
But Scott, as has been said before, Ultra's has right wing, facist, thug connotations whether we like it or not. Something we and the club would not want to be associated with.

Why does it have to have the word 'Ultra's' in it?

yes but the other 'ultras' in this country are not right wing!! this should be an effort to change the way Ultras is perceived!

Im now in the process of securing thebluevoice.co.uk and have a host and web design team ready to go with templates. Watch this space...

yes but the other 'ultras' in this country are not right wing!! this should be an effort to change the way Ultras is perceived!

True, but sadly a lot of people wouldn't share this perception - and the club, in it's efforts to be seen as family-friendly - might want to distance itself from the group due to the connotations of the 'ultras' tag.

I agree Scott but unfortunately it's the name 'Ultras' that has the bad reputation, regardless of where they are based. Being based in this country means diddly squat when it comes to the press and the general public.

Whilst the intentions to change the way the name is perceived is admirable it is in my opinion a lost cause. The name has recieved far to much bad press in the past, and it has to be said the vast majority of it justified, for us to make any difference to the way in which it is seen in general.

Blue Action Group sounds like a militant political group!

Went with Blue Action myself but you are right now I think of it i does!.
Strange trueblue went with the most militant sounding one :)

Is this being done with the Shrimpers Trust and/or the club in mind ?

Arsenal have a red action area where everyone who wishes to assist with the atmosphere goes, however it would be difficult to implement this without the co-operation of the club who would need to assign a section for "blue voice" members so that non singing old farts like me didnt infiltrate...

Or fans of 'blue' movies! :hilarious:

That's a good point - the web site could get a large amount of hits from people looking for "blue" web sites! Stick the Blue Belles on the front page and we could tap into this market!

I would love to have ultras/elite/army/fanatics etc guys, but after a chat with various people and authorities, this is not an option, as unfortunately these names are associated with hooligan groups here and abroad and it will send out the wrong message. Sorry lads.

THE BLUE VOICE ULTRAS!!!!

other clubs can use ultras so can we simple!

As pointed out before Accrington fans have had no problems with calling themselves Stanley Ultras:-
http://www.stanleyultras.co.uk/gallery.htm

Back