• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New fans ?

Great attendances and loyal fans for sure, but remarkably we're still 6th in the average attendance for home games so far this season, so if the table was based on the size of a club we'd just about make the playoffs.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances

Just shows how competitive this league is, and when you add in hugely over-performing sides like Boreham Wood, Halifax, Bromley and Dagenham we're going to have a tough time getting out of it.

Thankfully it at least seems we might give it a fair crack over the next couple years, which is all we can ask.
Those poor 816 dover fans either need a medal or a trip to the nuthouse!

Possibly both...

Last edited:
Boreham Wood are so low given their league position.
Boreham wood is a club very much performing above where they should be, they can only keep it going for so long in this division on those gates, I would expect them to be in bottom five next season as they will lose a few players at the end of the season as they have such a small wage budget to play with, guy I work with goes every week and says he can’t believe they are still in the national league.

Boreham wood is a club very much performing above where they should be, they can only keep it going for so long in this division on those gates, I would expect them to be in bottom five next season as they will lose a few players at the end of the season as they have such a small wage budget to play with, guy I work with goes every week and says he can’t believe they are still in the national league.
They must be doing something very right, budget must be tiny.

Can't believe we are in the national league either!!

Was in block W last night, i have stood there for the past 10 years approx, so do know persons by their faces that stand in there.

But last night there were a lot more persons in there that i had never seen before, people which only sort of really know the songs etc... but all seemed to support Southend.

Now this is good news, if we are attracting more persons at the bottom-ish of the national league, then what numbers can we attract as we rise up through the table to the play offs.

BUT, with all these additional persons coming into the ground and into block W, it makes it a very very tight squeeze, sometimes 2 persons deep in between the seats.

So i ask, to protect us oldens in block W, can you PLEASE MAKE PREPERATIONS TO OPEN UP BLOCK X, next time and to spread the supporters about more evenly.

I couldn't get anywhere near my season card seating. Already two deep.

Be a lot easier to open the west x block..

The ticket sales outside the west were shambolic.

Approaching KO and a big queue right down fairfax. Couple of extra sales staff needed.

I think alot is to do with pricing, il admit I've not been In a few years but took my kids to there first game Friday night and them and me loved it, took me back to 90s football, good old 4-4-2 balls in the box and some late drama, kids come out already wanting to go to the next game and all for 18 quid. A mate of mine booked 3 tickets for him and his kids to west ham Newcastle and was 184 pound. Im sure plenty of people including me can't keep paying them prices so I'm sure you will start to find more and more people coming to lower league football, which is also good for the clubs.

Friday night effect
Been the same for years.

I think these are our Friday night home gates for the previous 10 seasons

18 Dec 2015 Bury 6127
19 Dec 2014 Burton 5266
31 Jan 2014 Newport 5993
20 Dec 2013 Rochdale 5104
01 Nov 2013 Mansfield 4824
18 Oct 2013 Fleetwood 4996
27 Sep 2013 Bristol Rovers 5489
13 Sep 2013 Scunthorpe 4976
21 Dec 2012 Chesterfield 5273
20 Apr 2012 Barnet 5765
30 Mar 2012 Cheltenham 6525
10 Feb 2012 Rotherham 4717
16 Dec 2011 Bradford 5526
30 Sep 2011 Shrewsbury 6395

I think these are our Friday night home gates for the previous 10 seasons

18 Dec 2015 Bury 6127
19 Dec 2014 Burton 5266
31 Jan 2014 Newport 5993
20 Dec 2013 Rochdale 5104
01 Nov 2013 Mansfield 4824
18 Oct 2013 Fleetwood 4996
27 Sep 2013 Bristol Rovers 5489
13 Sep 2013 Scunthorpe 4976
21 Dec 2012 Chesterfield 5273
20 Apr 2012 Barnet 5765
30 Mar 2012 Cheltenham 6525
10 Feb 2012 Rotherham 4717
16 Dec 2011 Bradford 5526
30 Sep 2011 Shrewsbury 6395

Probably more representative are the home game average attendances in each season and also compared with league positon.

During the 90s Friday night from memory was a much bigger event.

Although I live 2 hours ish drive away I still attend games. I spoke to a cousin of mine who now lives an hour away and he is coming to Barnet game with me. We have not been to a game at roots hall together since we were in our early teens. We are now 64 and 65. I can see our child hood memories igniting his blues passion again

They are, they let their ground out to Arsenal for their ladies team. I would imagine quite a boost to revenue streams.
A massive boost. Look at the advertising hoardings around their ground - some huge companies. They pay good wages too, definitely up there in terms of biggest budgets. Not quite the fairytale some think.

A massive boost. Look at the advertising hoardings around their ground - some huge companies. They pay good wages too, definitely up there in terms of biggest budgets. Not quite the fairytale some think.
Arsenal also paid 100k towards building them a new stand.

Stats site: 4859 sold for Barnet and 4,987 sold for Bromley (which £5 for adults)
Thought Bromley would have been higher than that especially with it only being £5.
Hopefully both games will be nearer 6,000 even though Tuesday nights.

I am a leicester shrimper used to be a season ticket holder in the south upper .

Just started to return to away games first one back.was solihull moors away lucky me eh

Get to the odd home game but it is a trek especially with all the night games.

Its like someone posted its your club it will always be your club simple ?

And perhaps people are just starting to realise how much more it means than the armchair premiership rubbish that everyone loves ?

Back