• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New films watched...

palexander

Life President
Shaun Of The Dead - Very funny. Must see if you liked the C4 series Spaced, some cracking lines in it. I know Kenny and his hooligan gang are fond of "Jog On", but this summers must say catchphrase may just be "**** It".
biggrin.gif

Kill Bill 2 - Liked it alot - better than the 1st in my opinion. Though entertaining, the huge fight scene in 1 spoils the film, where as 2 has much more story and character interaction, whilst also having loads of stand out moments. The eyeball scene is by far the must disgusting thing I've seen in a film in a LONG time... great performance from David Carradine too and Uma Thurman was outstanding. I think she deserves some sort of industry recognition for her efforts over the 2 films...

Anyway, any other mini-reviews most welcome...

Saw Twilight Samurai last night - quite the best film I've seen in a long time. Wonderful, beautiful, touching, haunting, and some sword-fighting to boot.

Tarantino has a lot to learn...

rock.gif

In Tarantino mode, Zatoichi (comedy / gore-fest) was brilliant as well.

Matt

Shaun Of The Dead was excellent, very funny, even for those of you who have never seen 'Spaced'.

My favourite line - 'This is the man who's idea of a romantic night out and an impregnable fortress are the SAME PLACE! '................classic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 23 2004,08:26)]Shaun Of The Dead was excellent, very funny, even for those of you who have never seen 'Spaced'.

My favourite line - 'This is the man who's idea of a romantic night out and an impregnable fortress are the SAME PLACE! '................classic
nah- best line is the opening one-

"can I get...any of you c**ts a drink?"

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 23 2004,09:27)]"can I get...any of you c**ts a drink?"

biggrin.gif
f**k a doodle do!

liked Shaun of The Dead and Girl Next Door, the latter being a lot better then what I thought it would. The Butterfly effect is cool as well, again it exceeded my low expectations (although I'm still unsure of Ashton Kutcher in a serious role)

Still waiting for Kill Bill II to finish downloading so might watch it at the weekend, I've trashed all my bandwith over the past couple of weeks downloading The Simpsons series's 4+5 (considered the best 2 by many fans) and the complete Cities of Gold series, all 39 episodes. (I'm a sucker for 80's nostalgia)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ April 23 2004,12:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 23 2004,09:27)]"can I get...any of you c**ts a drink?"

biggrin.gif
f**k a doodle do!

liked Shaun of The Dead and Girl Next Door, the latter being a lot better then what I thought it would. The Butterfly effect is cool as well, again it exceeded my low expectations (although I'm still unsure of Ashton Kutcher in a serious role)

Still waiting for Kill Bill II to finish downloading so might watch it at the weekend, I've trashed all my bandwith over the past couple of weeks downloading The Simpsons series's 4+5 (considered the best 2 by many fans) and the complete Cities of Gold series, all 39 episodes. (I'm a sucker for 80's nostalgia)
Should have dropped me a line - had KB2 for a week or so!!

Also, went away for the weekend last week to Harrogate and in the Woolies, they were doing buy one Simpson series, get another FREE?! So, I got £80's worth of the Simpsons for £40 - its series 2/3 mind, but hey, great package and a great deal. Dunno if all Woolies are doing it?

The Simpsons box sets have been a staple of my Birthday/Christmas present requests over the past couple of years. I notice Futurama is in a lot of the special offers.

Don't s'pose you have downloaded the Dirty Dancing 2 screener yet. "my friend" needs a copy.
wink.gif

I've downloaded a lot of music, but where do you download movies and series from? I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff! Any help much appreciated!

Einstein

Shaun of the Dead = shocking !! I spent the last 30 minutes wondering how they could end this rubbish. From a promising start this film just got worse and worse. Laugh - I almost cried when I realised I had wasted an hour and a half !!

Back