• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I am only putting this in "chit chat" to give it maximum exposure for our members to join up if they wish. I will move it to the Games forum after a few days.It is free so this is no real advertisement.

Email received today.

Hi Shrimperzone Administrator(s)

As the leading forum for Southend United FC community we wanted to drop you line to see if you would be interested in an exclusive opportunity for your readers.
We are helping to launch a brand new football game called Big Match Striker for a UK games developer, Supermassive Games, and wandered whether you'd be interested in hearing more about the game ahead of its official launch on 14th September.

This is a new type of game for real football fans. It's a free to play downloadable PC game, challenging player's football knowledge, club management strategy and team tactics. Players invite their mates and enter leagues, answering daily updated questions from the top four tiers of the English Football League, as well as historic and wider football trivia.

We would like to offer you an exclusive opportunity to offer your followers the chance to become one of the first 'Founders' in the open beta trial phase of the game which will last for the next week, where they will receive a special trophy identifying them as a founder member of the game, claiming ultimate bragging rights, as well as other rewards such as in-game currency, Smackers.

A trailer of the game can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1oOvQ2BcmU. The game's community website with full game features, news and download link is : http://www.bigmatchonline.com

Regards
Dave

I am only putting this in "chit chat" to give it maximum exposure for our members to join up if they wish. I will move it to the Games forum after a few days.It is free so this is no real advertisement.

Email received today.

Hi Shrimperzone Administrator(s)

As the leading forum for Southend United FC community we wanted to drop you line to see if you would be interested in an exclusive opportunity for your readers.
We are helping to launch a brand new football game called Big Match Striker for a UK games developer, Supermassive Games, and wandered whether you'd be interested in hearing more about the game ahead of its official launch on 14th September.

This is a new type of game for real football fans. It's a free to play downloadable PC game, challenging player's football knowledge, club management strategy and team tactics. Players invite their mates and enter leagues, answering daily updated questions from the top four tiers of the English Football League, as well as historic and wider football trivia.

We would like to offer you an exclusive opportunity to offer your followers the chance to become one of the first 'Founders' in the open beta trial phase of the game which will last for the next week, where they will receive a special trophy identifying them as a founder member of the game, claiming ultimate bragging rights, as well as other rewards such as in-game currency, Smackers.

A trailer of the game can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1oOvQ2BcmU. The game's community website with full game features, news and download link is : http://www.bigmatchonline.com

Regards
Dave

My cynical side always thinks, what are they actually after?
In this case I think we tick all the right boxes as one of their commercials promotes their website and forum, and that they have so much chat.
So we are just the type they are looking for, footie fans that are always chatting on a forum, and of course, the type to play their game.
I notice they didn't mention their forum Cricko, probably in case you thought they are poaching shrimperzoners.

Me too, I cannot wait for FM 11 too, its be more an challage to bring back the glory days and rise from League 2 to the top (like Blackpool and Hull) :) Have anyone experinced what its like to manage Southend at Fossett Farm on FM 2009 to 2010? When I got promoted to Championship on FM 2010, Southend moved to Fossett Farm and suddenley I can get good championship standard players on a free and good young players on loan from Premiership side too, and realise the potential of this club! Southend seem to be packed almost every home game, when I was challaging for the play off (while Col Ewes get 6000+ in Championship at their new stadium)

That why Fossett Farm (real life!) is important to this club and their future!

Back