• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NEW FORUM: Like/Dislike? Thoughts? Suggestions? Put them here...

No chance - even if we could we wouldnt I'm afraid. That one was ancient, written in ancient code and caused us no end of strife behind the scenes trying to keep the darn thing working. It was much more susceptible to hacking and it was nigh on impossible to support...

So, we are where we are I'm afraid.

As mentioned in my initial post, any of you who remember the implementation of the board we've just left, will remember that outpouring of grief (yes, it was like that! :D ) for the board we used before that! Given time, people get used to change - and often come to favour it.

I am sure the same will be true this time.

In the meantime, thanks for the suggestions so far - keep them coming. I'm at work at the moment, so bog all chance to act on them until I get home. However I will certainly look into the changes you've asked for to see where we can further improve.

Cheers
Spiff
you mods only do things for yourself..

I have to say i prefered the old layout, probably only cos i was used to it

And the new smilies are awful, ditch 'em immediately !!!!!!

Also Spiff, I think I preferred when you clicked on New Posts on the old board, it gave you everything on a timescale, not just the threads that have changed since you last logged in/checked new posts. I do however like the distinction between bold if posts have updated since your last look though. Maybe a combination of this could be used going forward?

I had to endure a weekend of cold-turkey from SZ as I rarely check the email my notification about the board changing went to, doh!!!

What am i doing wrong? I log in, put a couple of posts up then suddenly find i am unable to post anymore replys and have to log in again. This has happened 4 times today. Why?

What am i doing wrong? I log in, put a couple of posts up then suddenly find i am unable to post anymore replys and have to log in again. This has happened 4 times today. Why?

Its possibly the anti-flood settings. It means you cant post again for 30 seconds after posting. Does that sound like what it could be? There shouldnt be any other reason...

Is there a way

A R S E N A L

or

S C U N T H O R P E

can be put through the swearing filter so they don't **** out?

2 comments:

- Can the headers and font be made smaller so we can see more replies on a page?
- Is there an RSS feed facility? That would be nice!

This is the first post since my plea for help and guess what, as soon as i clicked onto quote the message came up that i could'nt reply and have had to log-in yet again!. Any more suggestions

This is the first post since my plea for help and guess what, as soon as i clicked onto quote the message came up that i could'nt reply and have had to log-in yet again!. Any more suggestions

Alright mate dont do your pieces at me I'm trying to help! A bit of politeness never hurt anyone.

:mad:

I'll have a look and get back to you.

Alright mate dont do your pieces at me I'm trying to help! A bit of politeness never hurt anyone.

:mad:

I'll have a look and get back to you.

Think you have mis-interperated my message, i am not having a go at anyone, just asking if anyone could give me a reason as to why the problem is occuring

Is it possible to change the background to make it look more like a word document?

I see we have also lost the sub-headings for thread titles. Probably some where near the bottom of the list of priorities, but it was a feature I quite liked.

Back