• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Fossetts Farm Planning Permission

So, if it goes ahead. 2 seasons more at RH and then 3 at a 3 sided stadium?

At least 4 years before any revenue streams from the main stand!

Still looking at 1.5-2 years at Roots Hall once construction on the new stadium starts, but that's just starker and feels longer because it's rapidly sinking in just how much RH is crumbling before our very eyes.

The wait for completion of the 4th side at Fossetts once the first 3 sides have been built had increased from c.18 months to up to 2.5 years. That's frustrating.

Basically everything that was said at the pitch tour was wrong or changed. All 4 sides were starting together with the 4th side taking longer to complete, but we would be moving in before the completion of the 4th. Now there is a clear 1yr gap before it even commences which seems odd. This smacks of getting us out of RH as soon as possible so that can be developed. I’m not sure how a 3 sided stadium for 2 years helps the club

Basically everything that was said at the pitch tour was wrong or changed. All 4 sides were starting together with the 4th side taking longer to complete, but we would be moving in before the completion of the 4th. Now there is a clear 1yr gap before it even commences which seems odd. This smacks of getting us out of RH as soon as possible so that can be developed. I’m not sure how a 3 sided stadium for 2 years helps the club
See, I don't know why that was said at the tours. It's always been the case AFAIK that the 4th side would be starting a fair bit later. It was always going to be the biggest, most complicated and most expensive part of the stadium to build, and there's little money and bigger priorities to RM and the developers. Get the cheaper and easier structures of the 3 sides done and the team playing in the new stadium ASAP so that they can bulldoze Roots Hall.

See, I don't know why that was said at the tours. It's always been the case AFAIK that the 4th side would be starting a fair bit later. It was always going to be the biggest, most complicated and most expensive part of the stadium to build, and there's little money and bigger priorities to RM and the developers. Get the cheaper and easier structures of the 3 sides done and the team playing in the new stadium ASAP so that they can bulldoze Roots Hall.
I think what was said when I did the training ground tour was that the ‘footprint’ or foundation of the North Stand would be laid when the other 3 sides were being built. Or something like that..

I think we also have to consider the sale process in this. We want him to sell and now not x years down the line. The cleaner the sale can be the better for all parties.

This it seems to me gives the opportunity for the buyer to decide what the 4th side comprises. There has been planning for a larger stand including hotel. And now smaller with residential. If the new buyer wants something different they can get the planning amended and build it. If its a genuine buyer with the level of funding we would want them to have this works, and if I was that buyer I would want this flexibility.

So I think this says Ron will be selling the Club, the stadium with 3 sides built, the training ground, planning in place for the 4th side (buyer builds/pays) and the training pitches (buyer builds/pays for permanent buildings).

We can't really moan about the 4th side being built later or to a different spec or even later still, as this will be the responsibility of the very new owner we want. And if it isn't we will have someone else to shout at. I wonder if this approach has actually come out of the discussions that have already taken place with certain parties?

Apparently what is for sale is set in stone, probably reflecting this new application.

PS. of course this new application shows Cockle was right all along...

Last edited:
Many more important things to be said, but wow the planning portal is garbage. No wonder nothing gets done when every important document has to be split into 20 parts so it can be uploaded. They might as well have faxed it in.

Many more important things to be said, but wow the planning portal is garbage. No wonder nothing gets done when every important document has to be split into 20 parts so it can be uploaded. They might as well have faxed it in.
Took me near an hour last night to wade through things, gave up in the end.

Last edited:
10,944 capacity (2,700 safe standing seats in the West Stand - left end) across 3 stands to start with. Less than RH (officially).

The 4th main stand (5,282 seats) no doubt will be down to new owners now to finance and could take many years to follow, if at all (despite the noise that it would "follow quickly/be built in tandem" etc) This concerns me greatly I'm afraid and always has done. We could be the modern day Oxford, renting a 3 sided stadium with naff all income streams other than the usual tickets, merch and catering.

Very deep pockets required to deliver what Ron promised, but scaled back on massively to barely fulfil weak planning criteria.

Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon Ron is on his way out, it's a necessity. But, I can't help feeling we have all been taken for right mugs on a number of things.

Hopefully the new owners see the potential in the whole project and the club and can raise the finance sharp to not only steady us day to day, but to purchase the 3 sides and get the wheels in motion on the main stand. Because without ownership of the site or 4 sides, we are in trouble.

That 4th stand with the flats looks awful. Really hope new ownership is capable of changing that, looks like a Soviet block with a pitch on the side
A monstrosity isn't it.

However, with Ron unlikely to finance it now, perhaps the only way to get it built by new owners is as per the plans. Planning permission for 100+ homes as part of the main stand will generate a tidy return for any investor?

I'd rather no residential at all. But I can't see it.

I thought the 4th stand would be like Wrexham. Not a whole side. I see now though they're building flats or something above it so will take longer.
How do the cars get to the car park on the left side? Do they drive down the walkway to the stadium?
Looks like loads of flats with inadequate parking.

I thought the 4th stand would be like Wrexham. Not a whole side. I see now though they're building flats or something above it so will take longer.
How do the cars get to the car park on the left side? Do they drive down the walkway to the stadium?
Looks like loads of flats with inadequate parking.
No, "Supporters Way" will be pedestrian only. Bit like Wembley Way on a smaller scale.

The car park will be accessed via Sutton Road/Fossetts Way.

I believe there is some underground parking for residents.

Back