• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NW of Ipswich, between Ipswich and Stowmarket. Reachable by A12 and then A14. It is indeed on the NXEA line to Norwich. Quite a nice small market town (maybe more of a village!) on the River Gipping. Went drinking there a few times when I was at uni, few nice pubs there!

Think the football club plays in Ryman 1N doesn't it? I know they were promoted from Eastern Countiea in 09/10 and then as ar as I know they were leading the way in R1N last season at Christmas, but I gather they fell away? Danny Gay and Rhys Henry both played for them last season.

Damn good team. Only the incredible run by East Thurrock United stopped them becoming champions (and, of course, an inevitable play-off defeat, against a team 15 points below them and not really fit to lace their boots, denied them promotion).

They've lost their influential goal-scoring midfielder to Chelmsford City but will still be a handful. They could certainly beat one or two Conference outfits.

The ground (Bloomfields I think it might be called) is well appointed, a decent stand and a good clubhouse.

They are generally very well supported for a R1N side but that perhaps has more to do with them being the only leisure / sports facility in the village.

A pleasant evening out if you can make it.

Railway Advice

Anyone looking to go by train should be aware that getting a ticket straight through to Needham Market is considerably more expensive than getting a single from wherever to Manningtree and then a single from Manningtree to Needham Market and vice versa on the way home.

Railway Advice

Anyone looking to go by train should be aware that getting a ticket straight through to Needham Market is considerably more expensive than getting a single from wherever to Manningtree and then a single from Manningtree to Needham Market and vice versa on the way home.

If you've got time on your hands and can leave at about 4, cheapest is single out £13, back £8 (less any railcard discounts). Book all the way through.

Back